Best Ever Christmas Movie...? Page 7

Quote: Curt @ December 15 2008, 12:10 PM GMT

Bah! My recommendation wasn't good enough for you. :(

You do come from the country that spawned Bryan Adams, so caution must always be taken ;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 14 2008, 7:51 PM GMT

Die Hard
A Christmas Story
Gremlins
Scrooged
It's A Wonderful Life
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Santa Claus The Movie
The Santa Clause

I was first. ;)

Well I didn't really care for Bad Santa so I thought I'd check.

The Polar Express. That film is liquid Christmas diarreah, squirting out of Santa's anus into your eyes. It's awful but brilliant at the same time.

Favourite of all time though is Scrooge the musical. The one with Albert Finney.

Oh and I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life but I hear good things. I've been trying to DL it for weeks now but it's sloooooooooooow.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 15 2008, 12:18 PM GMT

Favourite of all time though is Scrooge the musical. The one with Albert Finney.

An excellent choice.

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 15 2008, 12:20 PM GMT

An excellent choice.

Ta. Fast forward this clip to 2:00 hear Scrooge doing the brilliant "I hate People". Or "The Daily Mail Song" as I call it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNkvM1BSwy0&feature=related

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 15 2008, 12:32 PM GMT

Ta. Fast forward this clip to 2:00 hear Scrooge doing the brilliant "I hate People". Or "The Daily Mail Song" as I call it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNkvM1BSwy0&feature=related

Fantastic, makes me want to watch the whole film.

This may have been covered earlier, but how are we defining Christmas Movie? A movie that just happens to be set at Christmas, or a movie that embodies some kind of Christmas message?

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 15 2008, 11:55 AM GMT

That looks awesome, I'm going to have to phone some friends and see who I can lend it from.

borrow*

Robocop.

Because any time is a good time for Robocop.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 15 2008, 12:18 PM GMT

Oh and I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life but I hear good things. I've been trying to DL it for weeks now but it's sloooooooooooow.

Someone needs usenet.

Quote: Aaron @ December 15 2008, 1:44 PM GMT

Someone needs usenet.

You have to pay for that don't you?

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2008, 4:53 PM GMT

I have a fundamental problem with It's A Wonderful Life.

When they show James Stewart how his little town would have been if he hadn't existed, it's suddenly full of nightclubs and bars and loose women and gambling and it just looks f**king fantastic. From that point on, you want him to jump.

That's why it's a great movie, because you can read so much into it. Also, just because he's seen what the world would have been like without him, doesn't mean that exactly the same peroblems that drove him to suicide won't be there the next day.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 15 2008, 1:44 PM GMT

Robocop.

Because any time is a good time for Robocop.

Your mothers wake?

Quote: Moonstone @ December 15 2008, 4:48 PM GMT

You have to pay for that don't you?

No. Not necessarily.