Carry On... Page 8

Fantastic. The one above, Oh, Mr Porter! and Ask A Policeman have to be my favourites. The ones with Moffatt and Marriott generally. :D

My dad loved Will Hay and introduced me to his films. I think they're great too.

I shudder at the memory of Oh Doctor Beeching because I always wanted to write an old railway station based sitcom!!

Angry

Sod it maybe I will anyway.

:D

There's a whole thread about Will Hay somewhere. We had all his films on video when I was a kid, but can't find them now. :(

I loved Will Hay growing up. I can't imagine kids nowadays growing up and watching him. The bastards. Angry

Love Will Hay myself. My favourite is probably Ask a Policeman, though Oh Mr Porter is also excellent. This man makes Oh Mr Porter a legendery film- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lxDjd_fi8

The film is set in Ireland and I'm flying out to Ireland tomorrow for the weekend, so I may put on Oh Mr Porter tonight to put me in the mood.

Quote: chipolata @ August 26 2009, 11:48 AM BST

I loved Will Hay growing up. I can't imagine kids nowadays growing up and watching him. The bastards. Angry

I was hoping to rectify this, but can't find my copies. I'm also looking for a cheap Laurel and Hardy box set.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 26 2009, 12:47 PM BST

I was hoping to rectify this, but can't find my copies. I'm also looking for a cheap Laurel and Hardy box set.

They're selling Laurel and Hardy films in Poundland. Can't remember the price, though. Whistling nnocently

Quote: chipolata @ August 26 2009, 12:48 PM BST

They're selling Laurel and Hardy films in Poundland. Can't remember the price, though. Whistling nnocently

I'm not being funny, but we don't have any shops like that round our way. I'll have to have a look when I'm in Reading next.

Will Hay Collection - £17.98 Amazon

The one that's always missing from collections is Where's That Fire ?

If you can get hold of it, the scene where they have to turn the flagpole round is classic !

Charles Hawtrey in that too !

:D

The early Laurel and Hardy films are ace!

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 26 2009, 1:12 PM BST

The one that's always missing from collections is Where's That Fire ?

They haven't released it. My dad bought a video transfer from some bloke on eBay but the quality was awful. I remember seeing it on BBC Two once, it was a classic for sure.

BBC Two used to repeat these films constantly, every school holiday it seemed. They haven't shown them in years, which is a pity.

The Fire one is a belter too.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 26 2009, 1:14 PM BST

They haven't released it. My dad bought a video transfer from some bloke on eBay but the quality was awful. I remember seeing it on BBC Two once, it was a classic for sure.

BBC Two used to repeat these films constantly, every school holiday it seemed. They haven't shown them in years, which is a pity.

Yep and Harold Lloyd at 6pm on BBC2 everyday.