Unknown mid Eighties sitcom

I am loking for this sitcom, unfortunately I cannot remember its name.

It was on around 1985-7 on ITV. It was a midweek show.

The plot was as follows:
A man worked as a cartoonist or a daily newspaper.
He worked at home in a typical 1930s semi.
The cartoon character was a lion, which he used as a puppet.

From memory it wasn't very good.

Does anyone out there remember it?

Keep It In The Family, Thames TV 1980-1983.

Thanks for your help. :)

No, I didn't like this one very much either.

Quote: Gazza1976 @ December 7 2008, 8:18 AM GMT

Thanks for your help. :)

No problem Gazza :), all the best.

I actually liked it, but being 10 helped I'd say.

I might be on my own here, but I used to really like Keep It In The Family.

Def.

Why is it always this one that comes up?

There was a really good American remake of it called Too Close For Comfort which starred Ted Knight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Close_for_Comfort_(TV_series)

I remember this, it was good for a chuckle or two without being top notch stuff. Robert Gillespie was the lead character, and he always turns in a good performance - he's been in billions of things, but you may remember him as the policeman in Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads. He seemed to disappear from TV after some kind of scandal in the tabloids.

I recall one cringetastic episode where the vicar was writing a song called 'Anna Key' and the cartoonist's daughters thought it was called 'Anarchy' and so got dressed up in punk gear until it was revealed to be a gentle piano ballad. Hilarity almost ensued.

I remember this. I would have guessed at it being older though. I seem to remember liking it at the time but I don't remember enough to have a guess as to whether or not I'd like it if I saw it now.

Quote: Bad dog @ January 6 2009, 2:01 PM GMT

I recall one cringetastic episode where the vicar was writing a song called 'Anna Key' and the cartoonist's daughters thought it was called 'Anarchy' and so got dressed up in punk gear until it was revealed to be a gentle piano ballad. Hilarity almost ensued.

Vicars and puns. The backbone of so many middle class British sitcoms.

That really is shocking.

I've just been looking up this episode on the internet. Amazing what you can find out. The character writing the song was an upper class friend of the daughters (I remembered him as being a vicar - maybe he was?) called Hugo. He was played by David Neville who was also the upper-class man in Fawlty Towers ('Basil the Rat'). In the episode 'Piano Blues' from 1982 Kid Jensen also appeared, as one of the daughters dreamed of being a punk on Top of the Pops. On TV.COM it gets a rating of 5.5 out of 10 - "appalling." Must be why I remember it!