Beehive Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2008, 10:23 AM GMT

I don't like to prejudge, but this looks pretty awful if the trailers are anything to go by. Almost as if E4 are trying to do their very own Tittybangbang.

That's what I keep thinking of and it's putting me off watching it.
I'm going to though. If it's as good as Smack The Pony I'll be happy, I loved that show.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 4 2008, 12:38 PM GMT

Over all the show gave me the impression of Catherine Tate trying to do surreal.

Hmmmm, maybe I won't bother then! Unimpressed

Is this show written by the cast? Anyone know?

Quote: Moonstone @ December 4 2008, 5:37 PM GMT

If it's as good as Smack The Pony I'll be happy, I loved that show.

Laughing out loud

And I've not even seen Smack The Pony.

Just watched the first episode, quite liked it, some funny stuff in there I thought.

Just watched the first couple of episodes of this and enjoyed them. Especially liked the rude South African air hostesses and the alien fish lady. The Virgin Queen worked for me too. Good stuff.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 6 2008, 8:15 PM GMT

the alien fish lady.

That was the one that did it most for me too.

I watched two episodes last night. How did this get on TV? It really is beyond awful.

Did they forget sketch shows are actually supposed to be funny?

The writing is lazy, each individual sketch is excruciatingly drawn out to at least double the length it needed to be (it's like the Fast Show never happened) and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a wire coat hanger than watch this again.

I've no idea which two epsiodes I watched last night but they were good!

Not every single sketch worked, but it was consistently funny. I'll definitely make sure I watch again.

Barunka and Alice Lowe are brilliant.
I've never seen the Australian woman before, but she was great too.

Episodes 3 and 4 were on last night.

Ahhh. I hope they'll repeat the first two again then.

I do, of course, have them.

This still isn't doing anything for me. Good performances but the sketches seem too long for the pay off. I liked the three musketeers one the best, but again it could have been half the length. The George Michael and Russell Brand bits are pointless though.

Edtied by Aaron.

Isn't it doing exactly what commissioners have no doubt asked for - recreating Smack The Pony (albeit not as well) with new faces but the same formula?

Having been to a few "what we'd like" briefings at TV comps recently this is precisely what they have asked for. Therefore the fault lies with the supposed demand, not the product. The problem is that TV execs have it all wrong. They seem to think you can repackage something successful and have the same success, and so are too scared to go for anything new. It's a vicious circle, so if you want to make TV, you have to do it to their formula, blah blah...

Beehive manages to raise a few laughs while fulfilling it's brief. Farting geishas aside.

I SOOOO wanted to like this. But I can't. I've tried. I recorded all the episodes so far and settled down to watch with Mr Marnie. He kept asking if it was funny and I think that was a self-answering question.
So I drank some more to see if that would help, but instead, I fell asleep. Maybe it's a slow-grower?

Just watched the first episode of this on demand, I'd never heard of it before.
I thought it was quite good in places.
Certainly not the worse I've seen in recent times.