Beehive Page 2

Laughing out loud
Don't worry, I'm sure one of them will get their tits out as well at some point.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 2 2008, 3:04 PM GMT

Ah, bless, some girlies trying to be funny. Ahh, how sweet!

Ah, bless, a bloke trying to be clever. Ahh, how sad! :D

(though I'm not expecting much from this show from the short clips I've seen)

I can't belieeeeve you fell for it. Ha! I love being a rotter!

I don't like to prejudge, but this looks pretty awful if the trailers are anything to go by. Almost as if E4 are trying to do their very own Tittybangbang.

Well, it's hard to tell from the trailer as I don't think there was any material in it, was there? Just lots of quick images. Though the ladies dragging their bums along the ground like dogs has already been done recently on that . . . BBC Three sketch show, with the black woman, which title escapes me. Which was rubbish. Hm. Little Miss Jocelyn! That was it. Hopefully this will be more Smack The Pony than LMJ or Titty.

At least LMJ fulfilled the "a black person must get their own comedy show no matter how untalented" part of the BBC Charter.

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2008, 10:30 AM GMT

At least LMJ fulfilled the "a black person must get their own comedy show no matter how untalented" part of the BBC Charter.

Which Lenny Henry used to fulfill.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 3 2008, 10:27 AM GMT

Hopefully this will be more Smack The Pony than LMJ or Titty.

Me to. Ages ago I got told a bunch of sketches I wrote were "very Smack The Pony," I took this is a compliment. It's a shame they didn't use them! Angry

ouch.

and I so *so* wanted to like this.

I'm not sure I can improve on this:

Quote: wonderboy85 @ December 3 2008, 11:56 PM GMT

ouch.

Half arsed.

I'll watch it later, but the bit I did see, about an alien going to the swimming baths, did make me laugh.

Those two nerd characters are slightly different versions of two characters that the same actresses played in a Comedy Lab episode, years ago. The main difference being that the old characters were English, whereas the two last night were American.

Watched both episodes, sadly not my cup of tea. Turned over and caught the last half of the League of Gentleman which is, and went to bed happy!

I managed about 15 minutes. Some sketches felt a bit deja vue, some were pointless (the Sex & The City 'parody', Steven Spielberg) and most went nowhere (the folk band, the swimming pool).

The air hostesses were a bit disappointing; the first minute or so was good (one air hostess called the passengers names as they boarded) but bitchy, unhelpful overly made-up air stewardesses have been done to death. I would have done a sketch with overly helpful air hostesses who are so sickly sweet they are actually more annoying than the usual scary battleaxes.

Over all the show gave me the impression of Catherine Tate trying to do surreal. And I think to make really silly surreal stuff to work it either has to be really original and cleverly written (Big Train) and/or be performed by really magnetic performers that draw you into their skewed world (Vic & Bob, the Boosh).