Operation Good Guys BBC4 Tonight

BBC4 will be showing an episode of the excellent Operations Good Guys tonight at 22:30.

If this Sitcom has pass you by I suggested you check it out, I think it may just be a one off for now.

Good Old BBC4 has had some classis comedy in recent year, including. Knowing Me Knowing You, People Like Us, The Day Today, Hitchhikers Guide, League Of Gentleman, Up Pompeii, Yes Prime / Minister.

So it’s a channel to keep an eye on.

Yeah I'm loving BBC4's repeats! Thanks for the heads up about this one Barry - I'd not spotted it.

That'll be after Time Gentlemen Please on Paramount 2 at 10.

Sorry - 10.20...

Damnit, why must they schedule the show during Question Time?!

(Not that I would have watched anyway, seeing as I only just spotted it now, of course...)

Quote: Aaron @ March 16, 2007, 12:19 AM

(Not that I would have watched anyway, seeing as I only just spotted it now, of course...)

Well you miss a cracker, more laughs in this then a whole year of new sitcoms, hope a few watch it for the first time and are won over.

Hard to believe this was the first one normally sitcom takes time too establish them selfs but this was brilliant from the off.

Did you know that Ray Burdis (D.S. Ash) is the brother of Mark Burdis (Mark Kemp) I didn't, I do now and so do you. :)

Thank you. That's just what I wanted to know.

(Who's he talking about?)

I loved this series. Takeabow mentioned it was the last series commissioned by the beeb from absolute beginners. The thing that cheesed me off was the canned laughter in series 2 and 3 - too obtrusive. I know when to laugh, thanks.

But totally agree BB it's an overlooked gem. Some episodes are flat but some are staggeringly good.

got series one DVD its brilliant!!

OGG is a great series. It certainly shows you that The Office is not as original as what is generally thought. The similarities are quite strong.

I agree. I love the first series of this particularly as I also feel the laughter track in later series ruined that edge of reality to it and felt slightly patronising. That aside it is one of my favourite sitcoms and I think it is amazing that it was almost entirely improv based. They had a 'bible' containing the layout of the scene but did three series without an actual script, now not many sitcoms today dare do that, and I don't think many could pull it off either.