After Henry Page 2

Recently been watching these. Janine's a bit too old to be playing teenager Clare... but the cast is great. As the previous poster said, there's not much extra gained on top of the audio versions, it's quite a static comedy with few location shots. The stories have a certain gentle deftness to them - neatly tied up... pleasing.

Listen out at the end of the one where Clare's using a sort of pig-latin as code - right at the end Pru reads out the producer's name in the same garbled form: you get no clue she's about to do that, so easily missed.

Russell could be the best sitcom gay. At least he wasn't a camp stereotype. I got the DVD boxset for Christmas and have recently finished watching all the episodes again. It was interesting to see Stephen Tompkinson and Mark Strong in early parts as two of Clare's suitors. I was surprised Janine Wood didn't go on to bigger things, she was great in AH. She's 50 in December, shows you how long it has been since the series ended.

Joan Sanderson was brilliant in this. I remember to this day the way she delivered a line criticising Anita Roddick - 'That was a silly idea she had, the Roddick Cube.'

A very good sitcom indeed. Prunella Scales wasn't very good in this. To be honest I have never liked her even in Fawlty towers.

I listened to the original on radio and it was brilliant. Sadly it didn't really transfer well to television probably, as someone else has already said, because it was very much based on word play rather than visual humour. Simon Brett is a brilliant writer of women characters.

15 quid on Amazon. Thoughts. Do people think it's worth buying?

I would've thought it worth that for Scales and Sanderson alone. A charming little series; depends what your comedy tastes are, really.

Bittersweet, impeccably middle class, very satisfying to listen too.(Another one who preferred the radio version)

Series 2 of the original radio version begins a rerun on 4Extra this Friday (8th August) at 5pm, repeated 5am the following morning.

I loved it this. Prunella Scales and Joan Sanderson was the stars of this. I loved all the main cast and it was very good fun to watch. I really loved how nosy Joan Sanderson character was and loved Sarah being in the middle of the madness from her daughter, to her mother and her own struggles. It's a really good watch with 3 generation family. Also really loved Vera Eleanor's friend and Russell. Sarah's Boss and Best Friend as well.

Noticed they've started showing this again from the beginning on Forces TV (alongside Second Thoughts).

I watched it back when it was first broadcast but noticed that it is being shown on London Live. It's not as great as I remembered and as PPs have said, it shows that it was originally a radio series.