Frankie Boyle Page 8

Disappointed face.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 28 2011, 2:30 PM GMT

Of course, he wouldn't make a Chinese joke, because that would be racist and offensive.

He does Chinese jokes all the time. There's at least one in his new DVD I believe.

Good piece on Boyle vs Stewart Lee

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000690/frankie_boyle_hignfy_stewart_lee_comments/

Why is it that no BCG contributors ever byline their stuff?

His comments on Lee are kind of weak.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 28 2011, 5:32 PM GMT

Good piece on Boyle vs Stewart Lee

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000690/frankie_boyle_hignfy_stewart_lee_comments/

I don't know! They do sometimes. But not so much for the straight newsy stuff.
Those usually seem to be by Aaron though.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 27 2011, 12:28 PM GMT

Frankie Boyle hasn't been on TV much recently and has a book out at Christmas - expect to see a few more of these PR-driven "outrage" stories over the next few weeks.

There are no sacred cows in marketing.

I agree. When there's DVDs and books coming out or a new series to promote writers and comics generally like to stir up a few headlines. Don't know if the journos prompt the stories or if it's a mutual thing, but it certainly doesn't do the merch any harm.

I can sort of forgive John Cleese 'cos apparently he owes 74 billion quid to his ex-wife Cruella and needs to whore as much as he can, but I think it's a mistake to take any of his or Boyle's opinions seriously when they're in this frame of mind.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 28 2011, 5:32 PM GMT

Hi Kevin,

Most* stuff is, in one form or another. The simple answer is that Mark doesn't like to put his name all over everything, so some areas of content do not have any record of author, and almost everywhere will not state a name if it's recorded as Mark having written it.

In the case of news and features, uncredited content is most likely to have been written as a first draft by Mark, then edited and polished by me. Uncredited reviews on individual guides we'll normally have collaborated on pretty equally, and synopses of comedies and individual episodes are usually official from the broadcaster. Random bits of copy dotted around the site are, again, usually written by Mark with checks and edits by me.

There are exceptions of course (if a news story is little more than a copy-and-paste of a press release due to time constraints, it won't get a credit, for example), but the above is generally the case. Hope that helps.

Even simpler answer: we're generally an information rather than editorial site, so don't feel it actually matters who wrote what.

* complete guess

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2011, 1:35 AM GMT

Hi Kevin,

Most* stuff is, in one form or another. The simple answer is that Mark doesn't like to put his name all over everything, so some areas of content do not have any record of author, and almost everywhere will not state a name if it's recorded as Mark having written it.

In the case of news and features, uncredited content is most likely to have been written as a first draft by Mark, then edited and polished by me. Uncredited reviews on individual guides we'll normally have collaborated on pretty equally, and synopses of comedies and individual episodes are usually official from the broadcaster. Random bits of copy dotted around the site are, again, usually written by Mark with checks and edits by me.

There are exceptions of course (if a news story is little more than a copy-and-paste of a press release due to time constraints, it won't get a credit, for example), but the above is generally the case. Hope that helps.

Even simpler answer: we're generally an information rather than editorial site, so don't feel it actually matters who wrote what.

* complete guess

Who the f**k is "Mark"?

Well quite. He likes to stay out of the limelight... :)

I was a huge fan of Frankie Boyle.

So I was looking forward to Tramadol Nights. I tried my best to like it, but it was a load of crap.

I managed to watch most of one episode. It seemed to be an AIDS special. A bit about Robin (Confessions Of A...) Askwith dying of AIDS, something else about a game where you've got AIDS and kill yourself. Etc...

So I fell into the "don't like him, so I won't watch" camp.

The joke about Kate Price's son Harvey though, is just plain wrong. I can't stand the woman, but she's still a person and a mother. Famous people do have feelings don't they?

If his new book does have jokes about the deaths of Cameron's and Brown's children, then I'm now firmly in the "Frankie Boyle's a talentless twat" camp.

I'm a proper lefty so have some hate for Cameron and I blame Brown for the giving banks and traders too much freedom to screw up our economy. But they are both fathers who have really gone though this.

I now mostly hate Frankie for making me sound like a Daily Mail reader!

Talentless? Isn't that a bit extreme, given that you were once a "huge fan"? I guess you were probably a fan based on the TV appearances that made his name, in which case, I presume you really feel that he doesn't know where to draw the line, right? (Genuine question.)

Yeah, I guess so. He does have talent. He was often the best thing on Mock the week.
Some of the things he says now though eclipse his talent.

He once was brave. But now his actions seem to be the actions of a man trying his best to ruin his own career.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2012/jan/10/frankie-boyle-scottish-laws-hatred

I skimmed through a copy of The Sun I found on the train the other day, and stumbled upon Frankie's column -- cheap, hateful stuff pandering to the most vile instincts of the poor sad bastards who read that moronic rag. He has very much found his level.

Sounds about right to me. Parties like the SNP and Labour have long sought to control thought and behaviour through legislation rather than education. As Boyle says, they're attacking the effect rather than the cause.

Quote: Timbo @ January 10 2012, 1:07 PM GMT

I skimmed through a copy of The Sun I found on the train the other day, and stumbled upon Frankie's column -- cheap, hateful stuff pandering to the most vile instincts of the poor sad bastards who read that moronic rag. He has very much found his level.

Yeah - great isn't it!!!

(Did you wash your hands afterwards?)