Frankie Boyle Page 5

I think he's hilarious.

No-one cares what you think Chappers.
Always remember that.

People are here to read my opinions.

Smarmy

He may be funny, but the show was a bunch of arse.

Yet another big channel spending a fortune on a name and not bothering will quality control.

Oh yes. His show was crap but I still love his Friday page in the Sun - just 30p - available in just a few hours from now.

The 2050 House sketch was amazing I thought, the bit on the couch. They should get me to write for him and his new show.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ September 1 2011, 10:25 PM BST

That's a little harsh.

Boyle is really really good at crafting jokes, he's witty and when Mock The Week started he was THE comedian you waited to take to the mic.

My only problem is I feel he backed himself into a corner, practically pigeon holed himself and began doing 'cruel' jokes as if to live up to his own press.

He is an attention seeker but he seeks attention in the wrong way.

So what?

Surely anyone in the spotlight is an attention seaker.

Yeah but most people attention seek in the right way. he He doesn't. That's what I'm saying.

What's the right way?

Slagging people off on internet forums.

Laughing out loud
Excellent.

Just seen this on the Express site.

Police are to be asked to investigate whether a new book by comedian Frankie Boyle, which jokes about the rape of the Queen and the deaths of David Cameron and Gordon Brown's children, has broken the law.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/286279/Bid-to-have-vile-Frankie-Boyle-charged-with-obscenity

Some of those jokes do sound, well, somewhat dodgy - but really? Obscenity? And people are talking about a full investigation and possible court action? Really, just grow up, grow a back bone and some thicker skin. If the jokes are stupid and to be looked down upon, then do so. But don't be so ridiculous.

I bought the book and found the novella hilarious, but haven't read much of the rest of it and don't think I've read those bits... I'm sure the Express will have taken it out of context to cause mischief though.

Hopefully he'll just write novels in future and forget the other stuff, in terms of putting it in his books at least.

Quote: Markaroni @ November 27 2011, 12:17 AM GMT

Just seen this on the Express site.

Police are to be asked to investigate whether a new book by comedian Frankie Boyle, which jokes about the rape of the Queen and the deaths of David Cameron and Gordon Brown's children, has broken the law.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/286279/Bid-to-have-vile-Frankie-Boyle-charged-with-obscenity

That's not a story. Further in, it says Brendan McConville is to write to Strathclyde Police asking them to consider prosecuting Boyle. He hasn't even written to them yet! So a more accurate headline would be:

'Police aren't thinking of doing anything, and haven't been asked anything to do with Frankie Boyle'.

I wouldn't be surprised if the journalists phoned the charity up and told them a bunch of lies about the book, then offered to make a donation to his charity if he made a complaint, and he fobbed them off by saying "well I dunno, if it's as bad as you say, maybe I'll write to the police."