Frankie Boyle Page 4

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 4 2009, 11:06 AM GMT

And all Glaweagians are ascerbic/sarcastic, that's what they are like.

He's right. Look at Groundskeeper Willie.

You know, I could sort of understand why people were getting upset before, but now I'm supposed to believe David Mitchell is up there with Carr and Boyle as near the knuckle comics? That just seems silly. I wonder who is next for this ridiculous apology demanding.

EDIT: And Miranda Hart? Jesus.

I always thought she and DM looked alike...

isn't he the one who stole material off Jerry sadowitz ? ie: in a national newspaper this week "Bitter Sadowitz joked he was about to tour the UK with his show called 'I'd Happily Punch Frankie Boyle in the Face'"

Quote: zardoz @ November 5 2009, 7:39 AM GMT

isn't he the one who stole material off Jerry sadowitz ? ie: in a national newspaper this week "Bitter Sadowitz joked he was about to tour the UK with his show called 'I'd Happily Punch Frankie Boyle in the Face'"

Boyle replied:

"If anyone wants to show me a joke I've taken from Jerry Sadowitz, I'll happily sue the a*** off them.

There were no examples offered of similar material; perhaps theis 'national newspaper' (The Sun) has not reported this story quite rigorously enough?

Quote: Nogget @ November 5 2009, 10:07 AM GMT

Boyle replied:

"If anyone wants to show me a joke I've taken from Jerry Sadowitz, I'll happily sue the a*** off them."

Except he couldn't sue the arse of them, not if they are showing him a joke he's taken from Jerry Sadowitz. Cos he's implying that would be a joke that he has stolen. So it wouldn't be slander/libel. What he should have said is, "If anyone wants to allege that I've stolen a joke from Jerry Sadowitz, I'll happily sue the a*** off them." Frankie really should learn to clarify himself. I really should get out more. :(

He was a guest columnist in the Sun this week and had quite a few laughs which is outstanding for a paper that usually has one small chuckle a month from a headline pun.

Again from his Sun column.

"A couple who spent their honeymoon watching the World Cup have said they were disappointed and angry. Welcome to marriage".

"The ban on the team's girlfriends was stupid - perhaps David James would have been able to catch if he hadn't spent every night lying on his right hand waiting for it to go numb."

Quote: Chappers @ July 3 2010, 12:56 PM BST

"The ban on the team's girlfriends was stupid - perhaps David James would have been able to catch if he hadn't spent every night lying on his right hand waiting for it to go numb."

That might make some sense if David James hadn't caught pretty much every cross.

Oh well.

One from today's Sun.

This was quite clever and tasteful.

"The French have passed a law which will ban people covering their heads in public. It's not their Muslims I feel sorry for, it's their beekeepers."

Quote: ShoePie @ November 20 2008, 7:04 AM BST

I'm seeing him on Sunday and we're sat in the front row!! I'd forgot we were going so my expectations haven't been built up.

Did he talk to audience members much? :( I was in the second row and right in front of the mic. for Sean Lock a few months back so spent the whole night avoiding eye contact. It will be even scarier with Frankie Boyle!

How did you get on then? I'd love to see Frankie live, but wouldn't fancy sitting in the front few rows!

From today's Frankie Sun column.

"Police compared the fans at Take That gigs to football hooligans.

The difference is football hooligans have much better songs to sing along to."

Is his column on the net? I can't find any recent stuff using Google, just random old stuff...

Frankie Boyle is not funny. He is a so called 'comedian' because some people find it funny when some idiot stands on a stage and offends absolutely every one he can think of e.g. Rebecca Adlington, the Queen, Harvey Price etc etc etc etc. He doesn't deserve to be on stage.

That's a little harsh.

Boyle is really really good at crafting jokes, he's witty and when Mock The Week started he was THE comedian you waited to take to the mic.

My only problem is I feel he backed himself into a corner, practically pigeon holed himself and began doing 'cruel' jokes as if to live up to his own press.

It would've been good to see him riffing and telling stories/anecdotes rather an endless ream of relatively clever, yet soulless, mechanical one-liners.

edit: And his book is v.funny if a bit one dimensional.