Frankie Boyle Page 13

Petrol and faith solve most of life's dificulties

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 3:06 PM GMT

Autism is interesting. There seems to be a tolerance for having characters who act autistic, but not actually are autistic?

That's such an utterly weird and misguided view, statement, stance, to hold, nevermind publicly make. Autistic people take on a range of symptoms to greater or lesser extents, many of which perfectly healthy people are capable of exhibiting. It is in their cumulative cause that a person is autistic; they are not defined by their behaviour.

Essentially, I turn it around and put it to you that autistic people act out the eccentricities of 'normal' persons.

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 4:36 PM GMT

Petrol and faith solve most of life's dificulties

Which maybe explains why so many folks got their fingers burnt trying to solve the Rubik cube.

Good response! I know it's a broad spectrum covering huge range of behaviours.

I think the comedic autistic character, predates the diagnosis itself. Just that some characters have some pronounced characteristics of people with similar conditions, like thingy on the Big Bang or Moss. But an actual diagnosed character is pretty much non-existent.

But things are changing. Awareness is growing. On a 'ahem' serious note, I have an Aspergers son, a Borderline daughter and a Narcissistic husband, God help me!
But we're all on that scale somewhere...

Feeling a bit awkward posting here now when the last post was in January, but now that I started, might as well finish.
I found out about Frankie doing a show on the 8th and 9th of August in Nottingham. The 8th is all sold out and the 9th only has some spots in the back (so not that great).
My question would be: does he stay after the show? For autographs, chats or whatnot?
I want to know if it's worth it begging for an early flight to make it to the gig (since I'm not from UK).

He's just made another Rebecca Adlington joke, I see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179938/Frankie-Boyle-takes-Twitter-mock-Olympic-swimmer-Rebecca-Adlington.html

Oh dear.

Quote: Phoenix Lazarus @ July 27 2012, 10:03 PM BST

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179938/Frankie-Boyle-takes-Twitter-mock-Olympic-swimmer-Rebecca-Adlington.html

Yes, it is totally shocking that he made a comment about her appearance - just like the entire right hand column on that same page making judgemental comments about other female celebrities.

The ironical irony of the ironically challenged Daily Mail readers in the comments section beneath was well worth reading.

Pretty feeble joke.

And what a peculiar target.

He's made himself look a tit. Although deleting it was a good idea.

Quote: Annelin @ July 22 2012, 7:15 PM BST

My question would be: does he stay after the show? For autographs, chats or whatnot?
I want to know if it's worth it begging for an early flight to make it to the gig (since I'm not from UK).

Are you Irish then?

If you sit in the front rows you'll be subjected to a torrent of abuse.
I'm not keen on Frankie's overall caustic attacks on the general public.

I doubt he'd hang around after the show, for fear of reprisals.

What exactly is whatnot?

Quote: Phoenix Lazarus @ July 27 2012, 10:03 PM BST

Oh yes look there's that fearless crusader for truth Frankie Boyle saying the unsayable and slaughtering all those sacred cows.

Or is he just being his usual hacky, lazy, bullying, hateful c**ty self?

Oh yeah, it's the last one.

Didn't see the Becky Adlington joke but I imagine he only deleted it because it wasn't funny, not because he was worried it caused offence. I quite liked these from his twitter:

"I have an apology for the people of Britain. Sadly it's written on the end of my cock in a braille you can only read with your tonsils."

"For the swimming medleys I'm masturbating with a variety of different strokes"

A troll of a newspaper reporting on a troll of a comedian. Neither deserves my attention.