Frankie Boyle Page 11

Quote: zooo @ January 31 2012, 3:09 PM GMT

I love you.

:D :$

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 3:06 PM GMT

Autism is interesting. There seems to be a tolerance for having characters who act autistic, but not actually are autistic?

Autism exists on a spectrum, so most characters who act autistic probably are a little bit. The question of when normal stops is increasingly becoming an issue as our understanding the workings of the brain grows. It is a moral quagmire. Conscience again I guess.

Personally I always had a problem with Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, but then all the great sitcom protagonists are at some level dysfunctional - as are we all.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 31 2012, 3:12 PM GMT

What offends me are complete hypocrites who think they have the right to be the arbiter of my personal taste. Those who think they are morally superior and have the right to censor whatever they please based on their own personal motivations.

Anyone can be offended by anything - especially if it's on the BBC.

Renegade you are so morally crippled there are things growing on George Osborne's pale flacid balls that are your moral superior.

But no it's not the self appointed offended commitees. It's the individuals who are hurt who count.

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 3:16 PM GMT

So basically Ricky is not only a comedy iconoclast, he's a one man Milgram experiment, proving how his audience is a mindless mob. Forced to laugh at his jokes and pay his entrance fee?

So he gets to have his un-PC joke cake, his reflecting dark trends cake and then his post ironic actually I'm politically correct cream cake with a cherry ontop.

All that cake and he still managed to lose weight?

How did you get all that from this?

Quote: AJGO @ January 31 2012, 3:03 PM GMT

And didn't Gervais explicitly say he didn't realise it was offensive in the way it was taken and apologised?

Quote: AJGO @ January 31 2012, 3:03 PM GMT

Wasn't Carr doing an experimental 'what would you laugh at because you're en masse' thing?

That's Milgram in a nutshell. Actually shit it's Zimbardo's prison experiment doh!

But basically he made an unpc joke, to show how people reacted to it. It's kinda all there.

And it wasn't the world's most generous or sincere apology.

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 3:21 PM GMT

Renegade you are so morally crippled there are things growing on George Osbourn'es pale flacid balls that are your moral superior.

I am offended and will move to have you banned. ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go through my Jade Goody scrap book - oh look, according to the press I hate her, then I like her, then I hate, then I like her, then she's racist and must die and then she must die and I like her again.

I'm so glad I'm not easily swayed by press scrutiny.

Actually sorry Renegade Goerge Osborne's balls were offended at being compared to you and have already got me banned.

The press is no great arbiter on anything.

Can we agree on that?

"Just every now and then is it so bad to pause just a little? Occasionally?"

I see where you are coming from but it's just as important for the audience of said comedian to do the same. It's like I personally feel that the majority of Al Murray's audience don't get the joke and that makes me feel uncomfortable. It seems like you have similar feelings about Ricky Gervais. I like Gervais but for me he does veer very close to the line in terms of justifying his ironic stand point. It does not always work for me but I am glad he is doing it rather than playing safe. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I think he misfires but never would I want him, Boyle, Carr, etc to play it safe so that a minority of the audience is not offended.

Well maybe if I draw Sootyj's line in the sand as,

"any joke the subject of can not participate or respond to.."

No dead people jokes? :(

I love it when people get together on the internet to mass debate :)

or zombie ones.

ok add

"...and be likely to be offended potentially"

It's like I personally feel that the majority of Al Murray's audience don't get the joke and that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I have been told that the views of Murray out of character are hard to disnguish from those within; which I think is also a problem with Gervais, he has been doing his politically incorrect, don't laugh with, laugh at me, schtick since the days of The 11 O'Clock Show.

Are you saying you have heard Al Murray is similar to the Pub Landlord?
'Cos from what I've seen they couldn't be more different.

Quote: Bob Hicks @ January 31 2012, 3:31 PM GMT

I love it when people get together on the internet to mass debate :)

Groups usually find it hard to pull it off, as only some of them can be a handful, the girls take too long probing, some just off ideas, and some rub people up the wrong way and some hurt people by grasping the point to firmly then pulling back and some spend hours just wrestling with them selves.

wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank