Peter Kay's Special Kay. Page 5

No, I do like it, the Cohen version is the one I've heard. But it would be logical to discount songs which are being released because of a TV tie-in version.

Actually, greater minds than mine could probably work on this and not find a workable solution! We should try and get some of the talents on the BSG to write and record a Christmas song for next year.

How about we just ban new music? Sounds like a fair idea to me.

Quote: Bad dog @ December 22 2008, 11:01 AM GMT

No, I do like it, the Cohen version is the one I've heard. But it would be logical to discount songs which are being released because of a TV tie-in version.

Actually, greater minds than mine could probably work on this and not find a workable solution! We should try and get some of the talents on the BSG to write and record a Christmas song for next year.

But the thing is that the Buckley version wasn't re-released it was available all the time for digital download and it was due militant anti-X=Factor peoples that it was downloaded so many times in the same week.

Oh, I see. Was there some kind of campaign underway to stop the X Factor release from getting to no. 1? I haven't heard about it, if so.

Quote: Bad dog @ December 22 2008, 2:15 PM GMT

Oh, I see. Was there some kind of campaign underway to stop the X Factor release from getting to no. 1? I haven't heard about it, if so.

Well, they say it was a campaign . . . some may consider it an advertising campaign as all artists fall under the same umbrella (ella . . . ella . . . ella . . . hey . . . hey) and cynicalist that I am I can only envisage head of Sony saying "Wouldn't it be terrible if this version (who we are also releasing) was the only version of this loveley song . . . what would Cohen or Buckley think?". . . ka-ching!