Peter Kay's Special Kay. Page 2

Peter Kay is one of my heroes, but for f**k's sake do something new.

Quote: bighead65 @ December 17 2008, 11:18 AM GMT

Peter Kay is one of my heroes, but for f**k's sake do something new.

And not that singing woman thing he's doing at the moment. Why is it that the songs he's released as her aren't even trying to be funny? They're just crap songs. I don't get it.

He's trying to rake in the cash. It's as simple as that. He knows the dullards will buy the crap.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 17 2008, 1:02 PM GMT

And not that singing woman thing he's doing at the moment. Why is it that the songs he's released as her aren't even trying to be funny? They're just crap songs. I don't get it.

££££££££££

Much more concise. :D

Quote: Mark @ December 17 2008, 10:43 AM GMT

"Peter Kay recently helped out the Kaiser Chiefs by taking to the stage when one of their guitars broke. He also helped me out when he released his new DVD, because I really needed a Christmas present for somebody thick, who I hate".

That bit was fantastic.

It's tragic, cos Peter Kay has obviously still got talent. There were bits in that Pop Factor thing that were genuinely hilarious (Paul McCartney mostly). But in between them were minute after minute of...just...nothing. I'm used to spoofs that deconstruct the medium perfectly, milking every aspect for gags (The Day Today, Brass Eye, This Is Spinal Tap, Garth Marenghi, Look Around You), so this just seemed half-arsed in comparison. Most of the time it was just like watching an ACTUAL episode of X Factor. Only less funny.

Quote: Mark @ December 17 2008, 10:43 AM GMT

Simon Amstell's joke on Never Mind The Buzzcocks last Thursday was funny:

"Peter Kay recently helped out the Kaiser Chiefs by taking to the stage when one of their guitars broke. He also helped me out when he released his new DVD, because I really needed a Christmas present for somebody thick, who I hate".

Haha! I'd forgotten he'd said that.
Soooo funny.

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2008, 2:25 PM GMT

Haha! I'd forgotten he'd said that.
Soooo funny.

There you go again with your bullying ways. You're fast turning into the Gripper Stebson of the BSG.

Quote: chipolata @ December 17 2008, 3:44 PM GMT

There you go again with your bullying ways. You're fast turning into the Gripper Stebson of the BSG.

Good old Gripper the Grange Hill bully. He's probably gay now.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ December 17 2008, 3:50 PM GMT

Good old Gripper the Grange Hill bully. He's probably gay now.

Gays are the worst bullies.

Was he the ginger one?

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2008, 4:00 PM GMT

Was he the ginger one?

No.

Ohhh.

Him.

I was thinking of the more... ginger one.

He does look gay.

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2008, 4:06 PM GMT

I was thinking of the more... ginger one.

Gonch was it?

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2008, 4:06 PM GMT

Young Rick Astley?