Peter Kay's Special Kay.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this at work today...

Brand new Peter Kay DVD...for £15 you can own the following:
- Peter Kay's interviews with Parkinson and Ross
- The John Smiths adverts featuring Peter Kay.
- Geraldine McQueen's video for "The Winners Song"
- Peter Kay's clips from Corrie.

Is it me or is this just the most shamessless piece of nothing to be released this side of Christmas?? Releasing interviews from chat shows seems a bit tragic.

What do you guys reckon?

I reckon that I wish I was surprised.

Phoenix Nights is re-released every year. Identical disc contents, just slightly different packaging.

Oh, and there was that stand-up clips 'UKay' one last year as well. It's pretty tragic really. He should come up with something new, and stop relying on past glories to get cash.

Don't get me going on this one. Just don't... Angry

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2008, 6:13 PM GMT

I reckon that I wish I was surprised.

Phoenix Nights is re-released every year. Identical disc contents, just slightly different packaging.

Oh, and there was that stand-up clips 'UKay' one last year as well. It's pretty tragic really. He should come up with something new, and stop relying on past glories to get cash.

Perfectly put.

It is a disgrace but it is not in any way even mildly suprising. This is a man whose offical website is just an online shop to get useless tat such as a tea towel that says "Garlic Bread" written on it.

I like Peter Kay but that DVD is pure gash. Disgraceful really.

I find this extremely disappointing although not surprising in any way. He is just in it for the cash. Would you ever see Ricky Gervais bring out a dvd of TV appearances??

Kay should get back to stand up and stop trying to earn a living off his last tour. Disgrace.

I used to be a big PK fan, I have totally lost respect for him lately, sure comedians do a bit for extra cash it is a job at the end of the day but this is truely f**king milking it dry and I've frankly lost all respect for him as a comedian, constantly recycling past glories.

Make some new ones Peter, make some new ones!!!

And for Christ sake don't include Patrick McGuinness.

Kay will keep releasing crap like this as long as there are people stupid enough to buy it. He's a lazy, greedy one trick pony. He'll live off it forever.

People are dumb ... dumb, dumb, dumb.

Quote: Rick Skelton @ November 26 2008, 2:47 PM GMT

Kay will keep releasing crap like this as long as there are people stupid enough to buy it. He's a lazy, greedy one trick pony. He'll live off it forever.

People are dumb ... dumb, dumb, dumb.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Kay's not a one trick pony (Phoenix Nights, That Peter Kay Thing, his stand up tour) but I do disagree with his release of this pointless DVD. It shows a lack of thought, it's just something that's been cobbled together and rushed out for Christmas.

The list of pointless Peter Kay DVDs goes on:

-Peter Kay Live (same as Peter Kay Live at the Bolton Albert Halls, just a different venue).

-Max & Paddy Power of Two

-Stand Up UKay

-Peter Kay's Special Kay

Oh I remeber I bought that Max and Paddy power of two DVD, I had almost got over the trauma of that.

You are right, he is more than a one trick pony but I think what was meant was that he was repackaging the same stand up routine over and over again.

Edited by Aaron.

Peter Kay knows where his bread's buttered and knows that people will go out and buy this rubbish so he will keep doing it, he's just in it for the money, that's obvious. Some would say that there is nothing wrong with that, but if Peter Kay had written The Office it would have been called Peter Kay's The Office, there would have been a Brent doll, several DVDs relating to The Office, he would have milked it for years. Whereas I have big respect for someone like Gervais who just leaves it alone and geuinly seems to be in it for the creative process.

If people paid for my poo, I'd be on all bran and figs 3 times a day.

I think alot of his fans don't really get comedy and are a bit unimaginative.

He's quite odd in that he's got Chubby Brown levels of popularity with the masses.

But some of his stuff is genuinely clever and well written.

I have a horrible feeling that my sister has bought me this for Christmas.

You would have thought after all that flack he got for his last DVD release, Kay would have learnt his lesson in regards to cheap cash-ins.

He may have made a lot of cash from them, but it's certainly done his image and future career prospects no good. Simon Amstell's joke on Never Mind The Buzzcocks last Thursday was funny:

"Peter Kay recently helped out the Kaiser Chiefs by taking to the stage when one of their guitars broke. He also helped me out when he released his new DVD, because I really needed a Christmas present for somebody thick, who I hate".