I read the news today oh boy! Page 607

I quite agree! Poor old bint.

Same reason I didn't think it was funny when Murdoch got a pie slammed in his face, however much of an arse he is.

Quite. And he's compos mentis enough to look a c**t all by himself. What did that guy think he'd achieve to be proud of? 'Yeah, mum, dad, you'll never guess what I did today, I attacked a 80 year old, aren't I clever?'

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 1 2012, 12:58 AM GMT

Seems like Jane can spot a nice little earner !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080536/The-Iron-Lady-Margaret-Thatcher-ignored-children-Christmas.html

BTW, please don't let the story tug at your heart strings too long.

It is sad when people get old and forgotten, even if they were a bit on the evil side, but I did find this line cruelly funny:

"Although she is increasingly confused and forgetful, it will surely have been painfully obvious to the former PM that she was spending the festive period without her children once again."

That said, her children really are a couple of arses, so she was probably better off without them.

I think she disliked and was embarassed by both of them. I suspect a jolly retirement with some chums is quite an improvement.

She didn't suffer fools gladly and her kids were complete idiots.

Quote: AJGO @ January 1 2012, 1:17 AM GMT

Don't get me wrong, I won't mourn her, but I think it's shitty of her kids to not be with their frail and confused mother, and I don't want to ever be someone who thinks otherwise, regardless of the person in question.

But how many other children are willing to leave their parents to the care of others? I don't see them as being particularly heinous, just typical of te way that we regard old people in general. Carol, though, may have a slight axe to grind if the way she has been portrayed over the years is accurate.
But I suppose the thing that comes to mind is schadenfreude. I recall a sketch (Week Ending? Spitting Image?) of an old and frail Mrs T being told by her home help that she won't be coming anymore because of cuts. Sadly, we're giving her half a million a year in allowances so she will still be cared for, even if its not by her children

Quote: KLRiley @ January 1 2012, 11:57 AM GMT

But how many other children are willing to leave their parents to the care of others? I don't see them as being particularly heinous, just typical of te way that we regard old people in general. Carol, though, may have a slight axe to grind if the way she has been portrayed over the years is accurate.
But I suppose the thing that comes to mind is schadenfreude. I recall a sketch (Week Ending? Spitting Image?) of an old and frail Mrs T being told by her home help that she won't be coming anymore because of cuts. Sadly, we're giving her half a million a year in allowances so she will still be cared for, even if its not by her children

Meant over Christmas, rather than all the time- although I think most people if they had the money (and time and skill) to look after their parents would. I suspect that these two do have the money and time although I suppose when you don't want to do something it's never enough.

Errr I do agree with AJGO, as I am old!

I, too, am old but I'd hate to think my sons will only give me attention out of some feeling that it's the right thing to do rather than because they want to. So far, so good -birthday and Mother's Day always well remembered. If her children are shites - well, she was 50% responsible for their upbringing. You have to give love to get it back.

Or maybe they've recognised her for the egregious cow that she is !

I've read Rupert Murdoch has started tweeting. Anyone know his hacktag?

@rupertmurdoch

so far he's ignored all my direct messages.

Bastard.

Quote: sootyj @ January 2 2012, 9:16 PM GMT

@rupertmurdoch

so far he's ignored all my direct messages.

Bastard.

I presume you're suggesting, as would I, that he removes the pin from a hand grenade and shoves it up his arse ? The hand grenade that is, not the pin.

He was praising the latest film Fox are producing
"I bought a zoo!"

I suggested it would be an excelent title for a book on his take over of the News of the World.

I also accused him of being pie eyed.

The grenade suggestion is more concise.

Is Nicolas Sarkosy the ugliest politician ever?

Don't know cos you're spoiled for choice.