I read the news today oh boy! Page 598

Ahh, of course!

Sooty nothing like that here, I believe there is an 'emergency drop-in' 4 miles away, we are advised by NHS direct to use that 'evening/weekend' emergency only if Doctor is not available! Crikey, that is 24/7 round bloody here.

Where do you live Pyongang?

I do love how London gets everything first and most of it.

But then we do earn all the money don't we? That and the Queen lives here.

Laughing out loud No just bleeding Manchester, that 'back-O-the Woods' City.
We do not suffer the privileges that London folk do.

Seriously?

Yowza!

That said you get meat puddings at your chippies, so I reckon that makes us even.

I'm off to Oldham this Christmas.

Quote: dellas @ December 22 2011, 12:54 PM GMT

Bloody hell try getting an appointment at my practise, NO way ...

The trick is to live healthily. Plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and exercise, and no junk food (or stuff boiled/fried in palm oil), stress, smoking or alcoholism. Wash your hands, don't scratch your arse or your eyes. Easy. I was a dreadful hypochondriac as a child, generally trying to dodge school or compulsory swimming lessons in a urine-filled muddy pond. I haven't gone to a doctor in over 15 years. Much cheaper to buy generic antibiotics or whatever medication straight from the pharmacy. Probably overdue for a tetanus shot though.

If you need women's stuff, like occasional smears/scans/whatever, surely such appointments can be pre-booked without too much hassle? Especially if your good friend, the British taxpayer, is footing the bill.

You are in danger of an inductive fallacy. You are making a leap from the particular, that for you a healthy lifestyle has resulted in good health, to the general, that a healthy lifestyle would for anyone result in good health. It is in the same category "as I work hard therefore I am rich" or "I am talented therefore I am successful". There may be a statistically significant relationship, but this is not the same as establishing inevitable causation.

Or to put it another way, I feel like death warmed up today, and am sceptical that increasing my intake of muesli would have prevented it.

Can you really buy antibiotiocs otc in Oz? In this country they are only available on prescription and they are still alarmingly overused.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 22 2011, 5:28 PM GMT

I'm off to Oldham this Christmas.

Console

Ha, hopefully it'll be ok. :D Gonna miss my family though.

:) Yes, I was thinking that, when on hols in Portugal had mossy bite on eye, chemist would not provide anti=biotics, was sold crap anti-histamines that cost 60p in B@Ms.(£3.75) :(

poorly prescribed antibiotics are both dangerous to the individual and a health scare

poorly prescribed antibiotics are both dangerous to the individual and a health scare

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 23 2011, 2:41 PM GMT

Ha, hopefully it'll be ok. :D Gonna miss my family though.

How can it be ok? It's in the north Nil. THE NORTH! ;)

:) Message to Godot, I bet you are chuffed Cavendish won the Sports personality award!!!

Quote: Rob H @ December 23 2011, 6:00 PM GMT

How can it be ok? It's in the north Nil. THE NORTH! ;)

Well if he took the train from Bristol to oop north, he would have had fully 3 hours passing through civilisation. Gawping at street lights, kids without rickets and those magical 2 wheeled pedal contraptions.