I read the news today oh boy! Page 597

Quote: Chappers @ December 21 2011, 6:01 PM GMT

Not surprising but a sad indictment of British justice.

I think it is a positive endorsement of British justice.

The man was not coming to the ticket inspector's aid out of self defence against a violent character.

As far I can I see he took the law into his own hands and assualted this guy to bolster in his own ego and feeling of power. Yes the passenger was a whiney little shit but could of easily been dealt with by the transport police at the next station.

My opinion would not get a 'political correctness gone mad' endorsement down the pub or from the audience on Top Gear.

But also being in a small minority on these issues means I don't have to watch History channel documentaries of Brownshirts in the Weimar Republic taking people out for consequence-free beatings and shake my head in bewilderment asking 'how it happened.'

Quote: chipolata @ December 21 2011, 6:57 PM GMT

Well, you chose to go out with Aaron...oh, you talking about the canibalism story. Pleased

:)

Quote: youngian @ December 21 2011, 7:12 PM GMT

I think it is a positive endorsement of British justice.

The man was not coming to the ticket inspector's aid out of self defence against a violent character.

As far I can I see he took the law into his own hands and assualted this guy to bolster in his own ego and feeling of power. Yes the passenger was a whiney little shit but could of easily been dealt with by the transport police at the next station.

But also being in a small minority on these issues means I don't have to watch History channel documentaries of Brownshirts in the Weimar Republic taking people out for consequence-free beatings and shake my head in bewilderment asking 'how it happened.'

you can't compare it to the Nazis. Why do we have to put up with law breaking?

The Big Man wanted to get to where he was going.

Quote: Chappers @ December 21 2011, 12:57 PM GMT

You'd have more respect for Union leaders who encourage strikes if they gave up their luxurious mansions and paid their whole salary into the strike fund.

I would say the same about doctors! what have they contributed to the demise of the NHS? gone private?

Tim, if you are a GP is your salary £150 thousand? do you think you deserve this amount? I presume you went to a private school. I am interested what you know about poverty (apart from your patients)Is it true Doctors no longer have to have to attend 'late night' calls?

Quote: dellas @ December 22 2011, 8:58 AM GMT

I would say the same about doctors! what have they contributed to the demise of the NHS? gone private?

Tim, if you are a GP is your salary £150 thousand? do you think you deserve this amount? I presume you went to a private school. I am interested what you know about poverty (apart from your patients)Is it true Doctors no longer have to have to attend 'late night' calls?

Next time you have a medical problem I wouldn't take this post with you.

The GP thing is more complex. The day of the GP as a lovely chap or chapess turning up at your door with a stethoscope and black bag is over. They earn that amount because they're largely responsible for most none hospital medical care and work more as managers and doctors.

That said they took the government too the cleaners at negotiations, further proof of how profoundly weak Brown was.

And they don't generally make home visits,that's a service they contract out. And even then it's just to expensive to do to often.

:) Yes, that's what I'm saying, poor service and overpaid doctors.

Bloody hell try getting an appointment at my practise, NO way, wonder how much they pay the 'receptionists'? they do a a great job of blocking every chance.

I did complain to 'practise manager', He said. 'Well we have 30,000 patients it is difficult'.

OK, how much pro-rata per patient are they paid by NHS?. I don't want to know when I think I am having a heart attack! Then they dismiss you with better go to A@E, and so directed to hospital. That is another nightmare. Huh?

Please don't mention the rigmarole involved with getting a repeat prescription, if the 'receptionist' has refused appointment as 'unnecessary' and the really ill patients referred to A and E, what are the doctors doing??

My practice has advanced appointments which can be booked up to three weeks in advance - and which invariably are; and routine appointments, which have to booked by telephone on the day. The reception staff begin taking bookings at 8.15; last time I tried to book an appointment, much to my surprise, I succeeded in getting through at 8.16 - only to find that all the appointments for that day had already gone.

Apparently, because of complaints from patients about being held on the phone for ages only not get an appointment, the practice has recruited more receptionists; which is presumably cheaper than employing more doctors.

In fairness, they also hold back a small number of five minutes slots for "those who really need them", thereby by obliging you to perform a sort of self-triage.

I am guessing that the practices of GP practices are driven by contracts encouraging them to take on too many patients, and by targets that distort behaviour in unintended ways; at least it all seemed to work more smoothly before central government began interfering in an attempt to improve the patient experience.

:( Improve patient experience? It has become worse. I have thought of leaving but strangely feel nervous about it. There are couple of new 'practises' nearby with low patient counts, I should run, but something stops me, in fact, that is my new year resolution, changing bloody doctors. Huh?

I'm going to have a terrible virus in three weeks time so I've booked my appointment already.

:D

Don't know the link but Gav posted something on Facebook where stupid Yank woman news presenter says Norway is not a Democracy because not all Police Officers are armed.

What a f**king numpty. Does that sum up the attitude/knowledge of all Yanks? If so the world really is in a bad place.

;) Well, if they are shot they will need to go straight to Hospital, would not advise waiting for Doctors appointment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x_tmig8PxAw

how sweet how romantic

(and kinda hot one of them looks a bit like sue perkins...)

Ha, which one??

Quote: dellas @ December 22 2011, 2:11 PM GMT

:( Improve patient experience? It has become worse. I have thought of leaving but strangely feel nervous about it. There are couple of new 'practises' nearby with low patient counts, I should run, but something stops me, in fact, that is my new year resolution, changing bloody doctors. Huh?

It maybe a good idea to work out the vagaries of the NHS.

Much of it is good.

For example. It's difficult to get an appointment at my surgery.

But round the corner from my work is a MATS clinic. Where if you turn up you can see a GP, the longest I waited was half an hour.

And near where I live theres a GP surgery with a walk in clinic built in. Call them up on the blower and they'll give you a time to turn up that day and see a doctor.

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 4:57 PM GMT

Ha, which one??

The tall one in the uniform with a hat of course.