I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,411

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th May 2022, 6:32 PM

I repeat,sensible people will always outnumber you no matter how much you shout and insult. Thank god.
I do understand it's all you've got and it must hurt but it's the way it is.
You'll never accept it but crucially, a minority never get their way in a democratic society.
Empty vessels make the most noise.

All you do is insult, Steve.
You're a massive hypocrite with nothing to add to the conversation.
If you made the odd semi-valid point, I might have a little more respect for you.
And, sadly for you, the millions of people who didn't want this sort of government won't lie down just because you tell them to.

By sensible, you mean people who agree with you, of course? People who still support Brexit are in a minority now that it's obvious what a shitshow it is.

Brexit double lol. It's done, it's accepted. Time to move on, deep seated grudges only harm you.
There is no day of Reckoning coming.

For the remainers it's all: Me!,Me!, Me!. Now!, Now!, Now!.

I just laugh at that, most Brexiteers, knew from the start it would take between 5 & 10 years for the benefits to become apparent. The antics of the remaining Remainers have delayed that even more.

And no-one expected the Spanish Inquisition (aka COVID-19) so that is just 2 more years to be added in before the benefits become apparent.

I feel a bit sorry for those who planned to retire to the south of France, but didn't have the guts to move to France (during the above slow-down antics) & work there to gain such a 'right' pre-Brexit; perhaps they don't really like the French after all.

Hey ho you can always retire to Gibralter if you wish, same hot sun.

Quote: billwill @ 29th May 2022, 7:41 PM

I just laugh at that, most Brexiteers, knew from the start it would take between 5 & 10 years for the benefits to become apparent. The antics of the remaining Remainers have delayed that even more.

And no-one expected the Spanish Inquisition (aka COVID-19) so that is just 2 more years to be added in before the benefits become apparent.

In other words, the success of Brexit is completely hypothetical. And it might occur at some point in the future? Excellent!

Quote: chipolata @ 29th May 2022, 8:01 PM

In other words, the success of Brexit is completely hypothetical. And it might occur at some point in the future? Excellent!

But it was exactly the same for joining the common market, no one who voted for it knew if it would benefit us. After 40 years we decided it didn't.

I just laugh at that, most Brexiteers, knew from the start it would take between 5 & 10 years for the benefits to become apparent.

Mind reader now, are you Bill?
Because that's not what they were told.
In which case why are many Brexit voters angry that they've not got the Brexit they expected?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th May 2022, 6:58 PM

Brexit double lol. It's done, it's accepted. Time to move on, deep seated grudges only harm you.
There is no day of Reckoning coming.

No - no day of reckoning.
And they wouldn't have us back now anyway.
It's going to take many years to undo the damage - a piece at a time.
But luckily, the bigots are dying out and there are now new voters who are a little more open-minded.
I hope to see it, but I'm confident my kids will.
And as for this shameful, national embarrassment of a government - you would not believe the anger out there, Steve - it's palpable.
I predict a riot - as someone once said.

I feel a bit sorry for those who planned to retire to the south of France, but didn't have the guts to move to France (during the above slow-down antics) & work there to gain such a 'right' pre-Brexit; perhaps they don't really like the French after all.

Your lack of understanding of the issues is unfathomable. I don't know where to start.
"Didn't have the guts" - what on earth are you talking about?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th May 2022, 8:12 PM

But it was exactly the same for joining the common market, no one who voted for it knew if it would benefit us. After 40 years we decided it didn't.

So are you saying no-one who voted for Brexit knew if it would be any good?
At last we agree on something.

Jacob Rees-Mogg said it would be fifty years before any benefits of Brexit might become apparent...makes Leave voters look pretty stupid thinking they'd see anything positive in their lifetimes...what a con!

And yet, when it comes to so-called climate change, we are constantly told that we are only leasing this planet and we need to look after it for future generations. But when it comes to something more instant and tangible like Brexit (or indeed the abandonment of two years' education due to Covid), it's bugger future generations, this is going to adversely affect me now.

But climate change is real, whereas Brexit benefits are pie in the sky.

I do love the use of the words "so called".
You instantly know the kind of person you're dealing with.

Of course climate change is real. It has constantly changed for 4.5 billion years.
But we are not allowed to challenge the Henny Penny story of the sky falling in.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th May 2022, 9:31 PM

So are you saying no-one who voted for Brexit knew if it would be any good?
At last we agree on something.

No one knows with any vote do they. We didn't know Blair would start an illegal war, or Thatcher would kill off our old industries and sell off the railways etc. You take a punt with every vote you have. But we knew what being in the EU was doing to the country and decided more or less anything else would be better.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th May 2022, 10:58 PM

You instantly know the kind of person you're dealing with.

I am not a "kind of person" thank you very much.

And congratulations, You managed to be both patronising and insulting while completely, and neatly, ignoring the point I was making. You should be a politician.

And who was it said this only yesterday:

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th May 2022, 6:43 PM

All you do is insult...
... nothing to add to the conversation.

Another admirable trait for a budding politician - do as I say, not do as I do.

Yeah, I laughed at that too. Accusing me of insults while insulting me.
Watta off a ducks back V permanently insulted.