I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,333

Yes - well, that's not good but just because a shop is a shop people assume wrongly it is perfectly alright.

Someone in the know told me that British Home Stores had to go as it was a global terrorist organisation and it was about to place a nuclear missile in each of its stores.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th October 2021, 10:49 AM

What I'm saying is, a 'flamboyant' boy dressing up in his mum's gear & make-up isn't "misleading" is it?
It might have offended some people, quite possibly the kind of people who shop at John Lewis, but misleading...?

It's the showing off and smashing the place up with nobody reacting whatsoever that got me.

For goodness sake, that elephant is never mentioned for fear.
Fancy fear of a very small group paralyzing absolutely everyone.
People get sacked for daring to raise their heads above the trenches.
Live and let live I say but stop shoving it in my face and daring me to say something
Because that's the game, offend the gammons and you have won.
Except it not true. The gammons are their biggest customers and stunts like this affect their bottom line.
It was removed for misrepresenting the insurance my arse.
They saw sales falling

Oh my good God.

I've just received a phone call from someone - obviously I can't name her - who has said why it is that Woolworths are no longer in Britain.

They were apparently cutting people's heads off in the toy sections and sticking them on spikes.

Then laughing at them when they had no way of saying anything back..

It just goes to show doesn't it.

Thank the lord they have gone.

That's what I say.

If you insist on handing money over to these shop people, shame on you.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th October 2021, 8:26 PM

For goodness sake, that elephant is never mentioned

Ironically the word "misleading" is the elephant in the room, the complaint was about it being "woke agenda-pushing" . Personally I just saw exploitation of child labour, which is what made Britain Great. What's wrong with that ?

I saw it as stringently anti-woke since it was a trans child indulging in antisocial and essentially criminal behavior.

Am I the only one who has never seen this advert?

I shouldn't bother seeking it out.
It's pretty hopeless.

I've seen something about Russell Brand and CBD upsetting Pfizer and other drug companies.

I'm still none the wiser. It didn't explain what CBD is. Am I stupid or just naiive?

Its fake.
CBD is Cannabidiol - the bit of cannabis that doesn't get you high (but is claimed to have medicinal qualities).
Someone faked up a newspaper article claiming he was selling it - which then got circulated.
Russell Brand has been having a pop at Pfizer, though, as he is now a born again anti-vaxxer.
Which is odd, as I had him down as a c**t.

It gets worse.

I've just seen some of those Woolworths atrocities.

They have turned orange and have been stuck outside people's front doors. :(

I read the news in 1959 oh boy!

TV licence up from £2 to £3!?!? The bastards.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-38274a63ed56fa5b837711be766fffe4-lq

Genuine question.

Now that Nick Clegg has gone crackers again, is it best to stay on Metabook or would it be better to go over to Instaface or Twittergrams?

Wait and see.
If it's just a name change - fine.
If it means I've got to wear special glasses and live in a virtual bubble, then it might be time to resurrect MySpace.