I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,316

3 days ago the vaccine minister said vaccine passports are needed

Today the government announce they aren't after all

That's about 13 u-turns on this alone

Couldn't be anything to do with them dropping about 5% in the polls after breaking a manifesto promise of not raising taxes...?

You couldn't make this shit up

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th September 2021, 10:25 PM

You couldn't make this shit up

They do.
As they go along.

I'm not sure they were ever serious about vaccine passports. I think it was probably always a cynical lie designed to try and persuade young people to get jabbed.

Millions have been on furlough for over a year - it has to be paid for.
The virus facts and figures change weekly. It has never happened before, there is no 'how to' book.
You all know this but pretend you don't to score imaginary points.

Quote: chipolata @ 13th September 2021, 6:32 AM

I'm not sure they were ever serious about vaccine passports. I think it was probably always a cynical lie designed to try and persuade young people to get jabbed.

I think they were split on it and the more cautious wing didn't want a fight with the Libertarians.
As has been proven countless times, the one thing the Tories are good at is keeping the party together.
Everything else is secondary.
Including the nations health

I reckon that's about seven imaginary points, at the very least.

Everything else is secondary.
Including the nations health

Like vaccinating the whole of the UK before almost any other country did, saving millions of lives.
Like building Nightingale hospitals - just in case the nightmare of China's doing got out of hand.

They don't care a jot do they ya plum.

Every single delay cost lives
And pretty well every single delay was because libertarian factions within the party were kicking up a stink.

It's a pity they didn't kick up a bigger stink about the regressive National Insurance hike, which will hurt the poorest in society (not my opinion, for those who think I'm trying to score big on the legendary Imaginary Point Scoreboard, but the HMRC's).

Quote: Firkin @ 14th September 2021, 3:55 PM

:D

On Beeb Breakfast this morning they did an article on the revival of the Stylophone, as used by David Bowie, especially on "Space Oddity", and some other bands, so I sat there bemused to see how they got round the fact that during the 60s Rolf Harris was the face of that instrument on ALL adverts, TV or newspaper.

They never mentioned him, and the revival is called the Bowie.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2021, 9:15 AM

On Beeb Breakfast this morning they did an article on the revival of the Stylophone, as used by David Bowie, especially on "Space Oddity", and some other bands, so I sat there bemused to see how they got round the fact that during the 60s Rolf Harris was the face of that instrument on ALL adverts, TV or newspaper.

They never mentioned him, and the revival is called the Bowie.

They should have called it The Rolf, because he did have a way with children.

I bet Keir Starmer is so ecstatic that he's not in power and has to make any decisions.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2021, 2:36 PM

I bet Keir Starmer is so ecstatic that he's not in power and has to make any decisions.

So true. The c**t annoys me enormously when he gets his gob on TV and pontificates about how they are all doing it wrong - what a twat You just know he'd make a bollocks of it all, worse than Boris.

I hold no political views as all politicians are f**king idiots, and the whole system (especially the Lords) stinks.

F**k 'em all I say.