I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,300

It was in context to the area being predominantly muslim.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th June 2021, 12:25 PM

It was in context to the area being predominantly muslim.

So really then she should have no chance and stupid of Labour to choose her.

It's very unlikely she'll get in.
It's only a small borough and won't take much swinging either way. (100,000 votes in total)
But it has taken on national interest as Starmers neck is probably on the line.

I listened to Rayner tonight, oh my gosh. She repeatedly got the new minister for healths name totally wrong and several times said the conservatives have fragrantly got things wrong (yes fragrantly) despite being corrected.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th June 2021, 8:05 PM

She repeatedly got the new minister for healths name totally wrong and several times said the conservatives have fragrantly got things wrong (yes fragrantly) despite being corrected.

Smells like a whiff of desperation.

Apparently having a bit on the side will in future be called Hancock's Half Hour.

Some people really aren't taking Covid seriously.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57667163

Quote: Chappers @ 30th June 2021, 5:56 PM

Some people really aren't taking Covid seriously.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57667163

It would be helpful if the numbers of deaths and hospitalizations were included, since that's what really matters. The young and healthy tend to power right through the infection, so total cases is only one of many points of data.

I'm leaving Seattle in a few hours, but today Washington state will fully open, so it'll be nice to belly up to a bar - a bar that can be at 100% capacity.

Now to get rid of the mask mandate for airports and air travel. Wearing a (mostly ineffective) mask for 8 straight hours is quite annoying.

The trouble is the young with Covid can contaminate the older people if they're not masked up.

But the older are all vaccinated.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th June 2021, 6:52 PM

The trouble is the young with Covid can contaminate the older people if they're not masked up.

Yeah, but I'd assume that the elderly have already been vaccinated. The extremely low death rate is the best indicator that the worst has likely passed.

Fingers crossed, it's looking hopeful.
But large cohorts of people without the vax spreading it amongst themselves - however harmlessly - is how you get 'problematic' variants.
(That, and waving thousands through at Heathrow. DOH!)
We need infection numbers to be LOW - especially with Delta being 60% more transmissible.
To get that we need everybody jabbed - and quick.
Currently, Delta Variant is winning the race.

The problem is that about 30% of the population will refuse to be vaccinated. Should the rest of the country be forced to endure hardships because of the actions of a few? It gets especially delicate because there are some societal/racial/ethnic anomalies in the vaccination rates.

Same here - though nothing like so high a percentage. - I think overall it's less than 10%.
Though it gets as high as 19% in some communities.
85% have already had one or two jabs.

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th June 2021, 7:14 PM

Fingers crossed, it's looking hopeful.
But large cohorts of people without the vax spreading it amongst themselves - however harmlessly - is how you get 'problematic' variants.
(That, and waving thousands through at Heathrow. DOH!)
We need infection numbers to be LOW - especially with Delta being 60% more transmissible.
To get that we need everybody jabbed - and quick.
Currently, Delta Variant is winning the race.

And those arriving by boats across the channel.

Indian variant.
The clue's in the f**king name.