I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,299

Hancock quits in disgrace

Thank God

'Totally f*cking hopeless.'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=REpNTi-9oRQ

"Stone me, what a life"

My God, what must those people in the second part of the block collapse have thought about was going on, or perhaps, hopefully, they were all asleep and unaware of their end, even at the end. Horrific, and like looking at a third world country catastrophe, not The States.

**EDIT
Just noticed that a couple of bedroom (?) lights come on in that second block, just before it too collapses. How terribly sad.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2021, 8:42 AM

"Stone me, what a life"

Laughing out loud Like the other one he came to a sticky end. Or was that his girlfriend?

Javid might stir things up a bit.
He has, on occasion, been know to speak his mind.

Placard takes out peleton. Laughing out loud Why do I always find Tour de Frog crashes funny?

Odd that the PM isn't investigating the leak that led to Hancock's fall from grace.
Nothing to do with the fact that the Sun journo who broke the story was an ex-partner of Carrie Symonds, BJ's (current) wife.

Whitehall said they are investigating the leak...

Pesky Civil Servants...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th June 2021, 11:49 AM

Placard takes out peleton. Laughing out loud Why do I always find Tour de Frog crashes funny?

Show me! Like dominoes?

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2021/tour-de-france-2021-stupid-this-is-chaos-overzealous-fan-causes-huge-crash-that-brings-down-entire-peloton_vid1496240/video.shtml

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th June 2021, 7:42 PM

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2021/tour-de-france-2021-stupid-this-is-chaos-overzealous-fan-causes-huge-crash-that-brings-down-entire-peloton_vid1496240/video.shtml

Brilliant!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2021, 10:30 AM

My God, what must those people in the second part of the block collapse have thought about was going on, or perhaps, hopefully, they were all asleep and unaware of their end, even at the end. Horrific, and like looking at a third world country catastrophe, not The States.

**EDIT
Just noticed that a couple of bedroom (?) lights come on in that second block, just before it too collapses. How terribly sad.

On the news tonight, they had a guy whose Grandmother had gone to stay with his Mother in that block of apartments, and only the day before she had told him that she was woken the previous night when she heard loud creaking from the building.

Yes, an absolutely awful tragedy and impossible to imagine the terror, especially of those people in the second block that momentarily stood before collapsing after the centre section. :(

The Spen & Batley Bi election.
It would seem it might be Custer's last stand. And by Custer, I mean Starmer.

It's getting very dirty.
It's my local area but I'm just out of the voting catchment.

It must be important as Boris and Starmer have both visited several times.

Labour have put up Kim Leadbeater the sister of Joe Cox - who was tragically murdered.
It's hard not to see it as a cynical ploy as she wasn't even a labour member not long back.

As Batley has a large Muslim population, she has come in on the free Palestine mantra
It's backfired, local people want jobs and industry (like all local people anywhere)
It doesn't help either that she is an open supporter of LGBT being taught in schools.

Then there's George Galloway.. He put a picture of himself holding his granddaughter in his arms while out campaigning.
Someone doctored it and put an AK47 in his hands and a blurb of 'there is no place for guns in Batley.
It went viral with lots believing the picture.
He's suing the person and he's suing the council for, as he says. ripping down his 'vote for Galloway' posters.

Batley has been a Labour ward for so long. Joe Cox was a great local MP (I heard many stories of the good she did for local people) Tracy Brabin who followed her was not so good - she was never there and was just career climbing.

Come July 1st, Starmer may be gone and Rayner might take his place. Oh that will be such fun.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th June 2021, 10:03 AM

It doesn't help either that she is an open supporter of LGBT being taught in schools.

Oh my god how very shocking in this day and age. :|