I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,297

What's the point of yet another report stating the Police are guilty of institutional corruption, when all those involved, including the current Chief of Police, get impunity ? What a pantomime, Dame Dick.

Brexit is working out fine. We're grown up now and can make our own trade deals without being being dictated to by the EU. Just imagine what would have happened with Covid vaccinations if we'd been shackled to Brussels!

Quote: DaButt @ 15th June 2021, 9:46 PM

My wise mother once told me, "If you feel the need to draw attention to your charity, then it's not really charity."

On the other hand, those receiving the charity don't really care if the donor toots their own horn.

The American philanthropists feel they have to publicise it, firstly it's the American way, secondly they don't have an honours system like we do where celebrities can be a lot less noisy about their charitable work still knowing that it'll be recognized by the Queen. But if it gets money to needy people, yes I agree, so what?

By their nature, it's impossible to know how many truly anonymous donations of huge amounts there are but I suspect relatively few. Charity is very much part of our economy, you're still making a purchase.

Quote: Firkin @ 15th June 2021, 11:09 PM

What's the point of yet another report stating the Police are guilty of institutional corruption, when all those involved, including the current Chief of Police, get impunity ? What a pantomime, Dame Dick.

Lame Dick as she should be called now. She's being allowed to cling on to her role until she gets to the House of Lords because she's a woman and they don't want her failings to damage the sisterhood (reputation of women in power). She's presided over more abuses of power by her force than anyone before her, which is saying something. She herself is the most secret squirrel obfuscating, truth blocking prevaricator of the lot.

In an exchange on March 3 2020, Mr Cummings criticised the Health Secretary for saying that he was sceptical about meeting a new coronavirus testing target having earlier claimed it would definitely be met.
The PM apparently responded: "Totally f**king hopeless."
In a separate message about the struggles to procure ventilators for patients on March 27 last year, Mr Johnson allegedly wrote: "It's Hancock. He has been hopeless."
On April 27 2020, the PM seemed to call the situation around PPE procurement a "disaster" and alluded to diverting some responsibilities to Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove.
In response, Mr Cummings described the department as a "total shitshow" and warned that the move could worsen the situation.

Yep - hopeless, disastrous total shitshow!

Love Thursday's Daily Star front page headline:

"Hopeless Bloke said Hopeless Bloke is Hopeless, says Hopeless Bloke"

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th June 2021, 7:42 PM

In an exchange on March 3 2020, Mr Cummings criticised the Health Secretary for saying that he was sceptical about meeting a new coronavirus testing target having earlier claimed it would definitely be met.
The PM apparently responded: "Totally f**king hopeless."
In a separate message about the struggles to procure ventilators for patients on March 27 last year, Mr Johnson allegedly wrote: "It's Hancock. He has been hopeless."
On April 27 2020, the PM seemed to call the situation around PPE procurement a "disaster" and alluded to diverting some responsibilities to Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove.
In response, Mr Cummings described the department as a "total shitshow" and warned that the move could worsen the situation.

Yep - hopeless, disastrous total shitshow!

I'm slightly amazed this moral free bag of shite Cummings is being allowed to get away with this continuous vengeance trip he's on. Surely they can do him for breaking the official secrets act, the amount of classified or at least highly confidential info he's spewed already. Johnson should stop being so matey with his associates and demand some respect for his office. I'd have this weasel slung in gaol as others have been for lesser leaks. If he'd done this to Putin the maggot would have been liquidated by now.

It looks like petty vengeance from Cummings, but isn't he supposed to be a strategic mastermind. Have we missed something ?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th June 2021, 11:41 PM

I'm slightly amazed this moral free bag of shite Cummings is being allowed to get away with this continuous vengeance trip he's on. Surely they can do him for breaking the official secrets act, the amount of classified or at least highly confidential info he's spewed already. Johnson should stop being so matey with his associates and demand some respect for his office. I'd have this weasel slung in gaol as others have been for lesser leaks. If he'd done this to Putin the maggot would have been liquidated by now.

Boris should have read the fable about the frog and the scorpion. Cummings was always going to do what he did, and Boris should have had the judgement to see it. Boris only has himself to blame.

Do black lives still matter? I haven't read it on Facebook recently.

Pretty devastating report on the Manchester Arena bombing out today . Hope to God some lessons are learnt.

Yes, truly sickening. Security, what effing security?!!! These firms charge a fortune for security at events, what is the point of hiring them if they let obvious terrorist suspects blow up children??? They were alerted several times about the suspect and just fobbed the people off. And the Police yet again get a pasting for not doing their job. At least one WPC was asked by someone to check him out. She did nothing and she's still in her job!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th June 2021, 5:51 PM

Yes, truly sickening. Security, what effing security?!!! These firms charge a fortune for security at events, what is the point of hiring them if they let obvious terrorist suspects blow up children??? They were alerted several times about the suspect and just fobbed the people off. And the Police yet again get a pasting for not doing their job. At least one WPC was asked by someone to check him out. She did nothing and she's still in her job!

Nothing in this country works like it's supposed to anymore

Incompetence everywhere

The police, education, the railways, prisons, care homes - you name it

Everything is f**ked

On the BBC site about Hay Fever....

'But if anyone tells you eating honey regularly, especially locally made honey, will help your symptoms then they are, sadly, wrong.

"That's one of those myths that comes around every year," says Holly.

"There isn't any evidence to support that. There's no research, think about where the problem comes from - the trees, weeds and grass.

"It's bees pollinating flowers. So they're taking the pollen from the flowers."

She says there's no evidence that much pollen makes it into honey and then makes it into people, and says experts "can't really make the parallels" that liken eating honey to a form of immunotherapy.

"Although it is a very nice product, and if people are enjoying it, then there's no reason why they can't continue to do so."

Well I'm sorry but it definitely works for me. Not necessarily local but I take a spoonful every day and have done for about 20 odd years.

Before that my eyes and nose used to stream terribly. Now I'm a smug bastard (except for last Sunday which was particularly high).