I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,291

Yep

And it's all the poor bastards at the bottom of society that will suffer the most- as per usual

It's like the economic crash caused by the banks

The only people that really suffered was the poor - already poor and then punished with austerity to boot

Covid will be the same

Normal people won't get operations for years now- but if you can afford Bupa then it's no biggy

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2021, 9:49 AM

I see the new news channel GB News is soon to go live.
It seems to have got some lefties knickers in a twist.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th May 2021, 7:14 AM

And ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th May 2021, 8:53 AM
Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th May 2021, 7:14 AM

And ?

Bloomers were immediately contorted.

I'm very much enjoying the ongoing feud between Boris Johnson and Dominick Cummings. I bet Boris is glad he bought Cummings back into government and stood by him when he openly flouted lockdown rules. It's almost like there's no honour amongst thieves.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th May 2021, 9:17 AM

And ?

Bloomers were immediately contorted.[/quote]

No they weren't. A discussion was had. Simple as. People disagree all the time, it's the nature of democracy and being British.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th May 2021, 9:38 AM

.......................................................... being British.

Like the cut o' yer jib, young man.......................

Ahh, those were the days Teary

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th May 2021, 9:17 AM

Bloomers were immediately contorted.

Don't get use of word 'Bloomers' here?

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th May 2021, 11:09 AM

Don't get use of word 'Bloomers' here?

As bloomers are underwear I assume he was implying that all the evil woke lefties that frequent this site - like evil woke lefties across the breadth of Britain - are boiling in fury and fear at the prospect of GB News going on air.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th May 2021, 9:55 AM

Edward Elgar did have the coolest moustache ever.

Re: Bloomers... I get it.
It's just that in modern parlance 'bloomers' are the opposite of 'doomers'.
Didn't seem quite right.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd May 2021, 3:30 PM

Hot on the heels of the fishermen, British farmers now thrown under the Big Red Bus for an Aussie deal that, even by the govt's own inflated figures, will net a measly 0.025 % increase in GDP over the next 15 years.
All so that they can say Global Britain is on the march.
Pitiful.

Dunno why they are making such a fuss, wasn't the EU about to make a similar deal with Australia &partners. So it would have happened either way.

But the farmers dared not blame the EU... so 'lets' blame Boris instead.

The EU had already signed up with Japan to cut tariffs on Japanese cars to 0% in 10 years (i.e 5 years LESS than the Australian farming deal) Which would/will destroy the EU/UK car market in 10 years time anyway. Where's the fuss about that?

Quote: billwill @ 24th May 2021, 6:04 PM

Dunno why they are making such a fuss, wasn't the EU about to make a similar deal with Australia &partners. So it would have happened either way.

But then we'd have had a deal with Oz and the internal, friction-less deal with the EU - the one we just abandoned - where a huge amount of our beef/lamb was/is sold.
I'll be interested to see what the EU/Aussie deal is - the French farmers, in particular, tend to start spraying the merde around if they think they're getting shafted.
Anyway, wasn't the whole point of leaving to make things better?
Not only slightly worse.
Tell you what, the one thing you won't get on the "sunlit uplands" round here will be sheep-farmers

The Aussies use hormones on their nasty old beef

No thanks cobber

I must be lucky, or live in the right area, as I do not understand all the NHS appointment shortages/delays - now it's dentist appointments it seems.

Couple of months ago I was asked if I wanted my eye operated on, and in two weeks it was done.

Last week I had a tooth go very bad with an abscess, but my dentist said he would have to refer me on to a private dental surgeon. This was done, but the appointment was for in the first week of August, which was a bit worrying, and when the anti-biotics didn't clear it up, I rang the surgeon's practice, telling them I was in pain etc. and the following Friday (last week) I was in, had the tooth extracted and abscess cleared from my jaw.

AND, when I went to pay, they said no charge as it was an NHS referral.

What can I say - a bargain, and no problem with the NHS in my area.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th May 2021, 8:44 AM

I must be lucky, or live in the right area, as I do not understand all the NHS appointment shortages/delays - now it's dentist appointments it seems.

Couple of months ago I was asked if I wanted my eye operated on, and in two weeks it was done.

Last week I had a tooth go very bad with an abscess, but my dentist said he would have to refer me on to a private dental surgeon. This was done, but the appointment was for in the first week of August, which was a bit worrying, and when the anti-biotics didn't clear it up, I rang the surgeon's practice, telling them I was in pain etc. and the following Friday (last week) I was in, had the tooth extracted and abscess cleared from my jaw.

AND, when I went to pay, they said no charge as it was an NHS referral.

What can I say - a bargain, and no problem with the NHS in my area.

Yes it is a bit of a "postcode lottery" to use current parlance. However where you live there's probably only a few sheep and a cow.

So it's now straight from the horses mouth that Boris is a total buffoon - a lying inept fool

His covid plan has been "terrifyingly shit"

Ok credit where it's due , the vaccination roll out has been very good- but everything else has been an absolute shambles

One of the PMs own ex advisers - saying that this governments blunders have caused tens of thousands of needless deaths

Idiots in the cabinet, not having a clue what to do and lying through their teeth to the public constantly

" It's completely crackers Boris Johnson is prime minister"

What a bloody shower