I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,290

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2021, 1:12 PM

Been going on for months, ever since it was announced. That Femi whatsit started a campaign to shun any advertises.
Because you don't believe it doesn't make it so.

I just don't believe a hundred people on Twitter sharing a hashtag is evidence of anything other than a hundred people on Twitter sharing a hashtag.

Sprouting rubbish with no research also doesn't make it so.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2021, 2:04 PM

Sprouting rubbish with no research also doesn't make it so.

Calm down, I didn't mean to trigger you.

It's from the campaigning group "Stop Funding Hate"
Though I think they'd be wiser to wait until GBH actually gets up and running.
I'm fairly sure they'll live up to their billing and thus be more deserving of boycott.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd May 2021, 2:33 PM

It's from the campaigning group "Stop Funding Hate"
Though I think they'd be wiser to wait until GBH actually gets up and running.
I'm fairly sure they'll live up to their billing and thus be more deserving of boycott.

I don't deny that there's been some minor grumblings from the usual Twitter suspects, but it all seems a bit by the numbers and lacking any genuine passion. I'm sure GB News will need to generate outrage to survive, and doubtless aim to create their own Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity style show that winds up liberals (tee hee!) but even then I can't see it reaching much of an audience. Although I'm sure my Dad will like it.

This channel will be in direct competition with the daily press rather than the BBC & to some extent Sky News. These people will be forced to compete with the likes of the Mail and The Sun as most of their output will be in an Op Ed format rather than reporting live as that requires their words to match the images and that can't often be done without a few tweaks. No this site will bore the arse off most people as it will be endless Op Ed shows and no doubt Katie Hopkins will be given a two hour slot to cover while Andrew Nell gets the 90 minutes rest he needs each day while he runs Planet Gammon.

Quote: billwill @ 23rd May 2021, 1:17 PM

It's now a criminal offence, I think, to not pay the BBC licence fee if you are proven to be using the service.

NO - WRONG!

As I said previous, which all and sundry seem to have ignored - it is NOT a BBC Licence. It is a TV Licence.............Grrrrr!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd May 2021, 5:53 AM

You haven't got that quite right, which is causing confusion - it's a TV Licence NOT a BBC licence.

NOTE The key phrase, from the TV Licencing Peeps "on any channel"

Hot on the heels of the fishermen, British farmers now thrown under the Big Red Bus for an Aussie deal that, even by the govt's own inflated figures, will net a measly 0.025 % increase in GDP over the next 15 years.
All so that they can say Global Britain is on the march.
Pitiful.

Aussie meat by the ship load and bright young Europeans being detained at Yarls Wood for daring to fly in to attend a UK job interview. We are trashing our reputation and creating a hostile theme to all outsiders apart from the ones classed as non doms who run the country for a few hours then take their profits with them on their private jets.

What a cynical view.
How come you lot always hate the country you live in?
Never any good things to say - just permanently looking for things to run it down.
It's endless.

Ste stating facts isn't running the country down its just showing the down side to something we were promised that is yet to materialize . I love my country and I want us to be a success, but its not doing it for me at the moment mate it really isn't so I vent my spleen and you can't get more English than that.
The PM is a chancer he stated that he had an oven ready deal and it was a clear lie. Northern Ireland is in turmoil and gunmen are around the table again. The fishermen and the Farmers are saying they have been given bad deals and no one is saying they have a good ones?.
I would be happy to see my arse Ste and have Johnson pull off deal after deal that will enhance my families prospects, but it's happening is it? Have you ever felt this country in such a slump? I haven't and I can remember droughts, power cuts, 3 day weeks, miners strike, British Leyland etc etc.
As it stands all we are getting is bad news and thats with a right wing press who are currently running a young black woman into the ground as a way of deflecting the lack of the Sun Lit Uplands they were promising us alongside Bojo and Rees Mogg et al. I have seen NOT ONE upside to Brexit and I have not heard one word of truth from our Prime Minister or his truly lack lustre incompetent but spiteful and greedy cabinet members.
So as far as I'm concerned Ste I can only speak from my own perspective both economic and geographical position wise, As such me walking the streets waving a Union Jack at the moment and shouting out the benefits of Brexit would be a clear indicator that I had finally gone right off my f**king head.

Another full running down.

This is not Liberia or Chad - or I would listen.

I've said it before, i was neither pro or anti Brexit- didn't really care

But the company I work for has been exporting to the EU for 30 years and it's now virtually ground to a halt

No shipping company's want to know- it's simply not worth their hassle

We've tried about 18 companies and exporting has become almost impossible

The few that are showing any willing at all are charging ludicrous fees

So if that carries on we would need to increase our prices massively - which will undoubtably mean losing orders

Maybe in a few years the situation may improve- in the meantime companies like mine will have lost huge amounts in profits

The way it's going I can see us letting staff go too

So. So far from a personal perspective- it's been a total and utter f**king calamity

That's about as positive I can be sorry

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd May 2021, 3:30 PM

...British farmers now thrown under the Big Red Bus for .... a measly 0.025 % increase in GDP

Did Boris make that bus out of egg boxes, all by himself ? Just by looking at him you can tell his negotiation tactic is to drop his trousers.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2021, 7:01 PM

What a cynical view.
How come you lot always hate the country you live in?
Never any good things to say - just permanently looking for things to run it down.
It's endless.

Love my country.
Hate what's been done to it.
Taken over by toffs, aided and abetted by mugs like you.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2021, 8:11 PM

This is not Liberia or Chad - or I would listen.

Is that how bad it has to get before you admit we've got it wrong?

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd May 2021, 8:20 PM

...from a personal perspective- it's been a total and utter f**king calamity

That's about as positive I can be sorry

Waste of time.
They're not interested in facts.
Just flag-shagging the old Union "I'm alright" Jack.