I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,205

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th September 2020, 7:22 PM

Some rich people support Trump? Surprising! Although presumably if any of them had any background in the military, not any more...

Anyone with half a brain can see what's happening: we've entered the "a new imaginary, uncorroborated scandal in the news every day" phase of the media's election coverage. Veterans' opinions of Trump will be unchanged through it all. Literally 100% of my coworkers are veterans, and they all will vote for Trump. About 30% of my neighbors are veterans, and all but one will be voting for him in November. The continuing violence and rioting in Democrat-controlled cities continue to pay dividends for the Trump campaign.

Like I once said to you

Trump could kill all children under five in the US and burn their bodies on the White House lawn - and you'd still Vote for that prick

Must obey must obey must obey must obey

Ya'll have been brain washed by that moron dude!

Your clearly blind to the fact he is a disgusting vile excuse for a human being

Quote: DaButt @ 7th September 2020, 8:07 PM

Anyone with half a brain can see what's happening: we've entered the "a new imaginary, uncorroborated scandal in the news every day" phase of the media's election coverage. Veterans' opinions of Trump will be unchanged through it all. Literally 100% of my coworkers are veterans, and they all will vote for Trump. About 30% of my neighbors are veterans, and all but one will be voting for him in November. The continuing violence and rioting in Democrat-controlled cities continue to pay dividends for the Trump campaign.

Your first sentence here is itself completely false.
The story WAS corroborated. It was reported by The Atlantic and corroborated by both Associated News and even by the famously conservative Fox News.
Nobody is denying the story has been released now to do the Trump campaign harm. And clearly Texas where you live is a conservative Trump-supporting state.
But the story sounds plausible and is consistent with Trump's personality and patterns of behaviour. I think most people accept it's probably true.
Frankly, he is disgusting. The USA deserves a great or at the very least a half decent leader.
He is an embarrassment. A loudmouth ignorant bore.
He is an absolute disgrace. You diminish yourself by endlessly defending the indefensible.

Probably....That's wide ranging and not a fact.
But it will do for Trump haters.

Not everyone thinks like you.

And he'll 'probably' serve another term

I'm not sure the democrats even want to win

Seriously...?

Biden is the absolute best they can do?

He looks like he could drop dead at literally any second

Last time it was Hilary,Trump's been lucky.
You have to ask though,what happened to the Dems under Obama.
After 8 years of his presidency they were a shambles.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th September 2020, 9:52 PM

Probably....That's wide ranging and not a fact.
But it will do for Trump haters.

Not everyone thinks like you.

And he'll 'probably' serve another term

Yes...I expect if I claimed it was 100% accurate, you'd be criticising me too, quite rightly. None of us here can 100% confirm or deny it. Trump is certainly more sinner than sinned against in the bogus claims field though. And this doesn't look like a bogus claim.
No - not everyone thinks like me! Obviously. No one thinks the same as everyone else do they?
And as I've said before, Trump may well win. Interesting that even the resident Trump supporters on here are increasingly saying things like "everyone I know backs him and he'll probably win". rather than actually trying to properly defend his behaviour.

I have concerns about Biden too although they are more of the "has he got what it takes to win" variety (as with H Clinton) rather than the "OMG, he's obviously absolutely unsuitable for office' (as with Trump).
Biden's only slightly older than Trump. He does seem perfectly competent. He wouldn't have pretended COVID-19 wasn't happening for ages and then publicly suggested the public inject themselves with bleach. He might actually appeal for calm after a riot occurs. Rather than, you know? - provoking more by publicly stirring things up even more. Little thins like that make all the difference.

It's easy to forget now that the Republicans were in a total mess too in 2016, more so than the Democrats were. There were repeated calls to drop Trump as the official candidate from his own side even after he was nominated, which is practically unheard of.
Only Trump's win (albeit with less votes, a genuine irrefutable fact Stephen Goodlad seems to be in denial about), silenced most of his Republican critics.

He'll win.
People get what they deserve.
God knows what we did to deserve Boris.

Quote: DaButt @ 7th September 2020, 8:07 PM

I can see another American Civil War coming soon.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th September 2020, 9:36 AM

God knows what we did to deserve Boris.

Corbin as opposition!

Quote: Chappers @ 8th September 2020, 5:52 PM

Corbin as opposition!

Undoubtedly a factor.
Plus theres a lot of c***s about.

I agree.
Like the ones who won't accept democracy because the c**ts won it.

Trump did win. Not denying that. He did get fewer votes than Clinton though. That's not in dispute is it?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th September 2020, 7:16 PM

I agree.

:)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th September 2020, 7:16 PM

I agree.

I accept Democracy.
But, as I've said before, just because something's popular, doesn't mean it's right.
The "Just get over it!" crowd have never quite grasped this point.
Along with several others.

It's more popular than unpopular.
And that's right.