I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,204

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th September 2020, 10:54 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_q3k7K11cyQ

Sar-caaaaasaamm!

Possibly as much to do with who wants to do it as what the secretary of a conservative old institution knows about modern stand up comedians. I am guessing, but as an Asian he'd likely be more interested in cricket and perceived as being more interested in cricket than a scruffy haired tee shirt wearing young stand up from Brighton. And he does dress smartly. Huh?

Quote: Firkin @ 6th September 2020, 11:42 AM

Why book a political comedian and say no politics? That's just not cricket.

Good points Alfred. Now we've clear that up, just read that several boats have sunk during a parade to support Trump. What does this tell us about Trump supporters I wonder? Whistling nnocently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54045115

That'll be the democrats fault again no doubt...

In the interests of balance, I should mention Boris Johnson's leadership is currently a bit of a car crash too.
Not quite the deranged narcissist Trump is but still...

He won't give a flying f**k

He has a massive majority

In its devotion to producing clickbait, BBC News is getting a bit loose with the facts.
Headline: "Son sells 28 years of birthday whisky to buy first home"
Article reveals: "Matthew is hoping to sell his collection for £40,000 and use the money for a house deposit." https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-54040307

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th September 2020, 3:49 PM

He won't give a flying f**k

He has a massive majority

He can still be overthrown by his own party.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th September 2020, 3:10 PM

In the interests of balance, I should mention Boris Johnson's leadership is currently a bit of a car crash too.
Not quite the deranged narcissist Trump is but still...

How is that balancing? It's two different countries.

Quote: Kenneth @ 6th September 2020, 4:40 PM

In its devotion to producing clickbait, BBC News is getting a bit loose with the facts.
Headline: "Son sells 28 years of birthday whisky to buy first home"
Article reveals: "Matthew is hoping to sell his collection for £40,000 and use the money for a house deposit." https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-54040307

How is this loose with the facts? I'd heard about this a week or so ago.

You all skirted around the word comedian...
Everybody were wankers, not the correct appointment etc.

Quote me a funny line from him!

That's why he was booed off and stuff thrown.

Quote: Firkin @ 6th September 2020, 12:54 PM

What does this tell us about Trump supporters I wonder? Whistling nnocently

That there are huge numbers of them and they're wealthy enough to own $100,000 ski boats?

Austin is Texas' San Francisco. That a few thousand Trump supporters showed up in enough boats to create wakes capable of swamping smaller craft is telling indeed. My friend took her boat up there and said that it was a really fun event.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th September 2020, 5:27 PM

How is this loose with the facts? I'd heard about this a week or so ago.

BBC News headline suggests chap has sold his gifted booze in order to buy a house. He has not sold it. The widely admired Daily Mail had a more accurate headline a week ago: "Taunton son whose father gave him Macallan whisky every year puts collection up for sale for £40,000 so he can buy his first home".

Quote: Kenneth @ 6th September 2020, 6:05 PM

BBC News headline suggests chap has sold his gifted booze in order to buy a house. He has not sold it. The widely admired Daily Mail had a more accurate headline a week ago: "Taunton son whose father gave him Macallan whisky every year puts collection up for sale for £40,000 so he can buy his first home".

I still don't see what the problem is. He's put it up for sale!

The Mail Online is less constrained by the restrictions of snappy headline writing than most. Some of their headlines are longer than their stories.
They're still not very good.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th September 2020, 5:27 PM

How is that balancing? It's two different countries.

I didn't want to sound anti-American.

Think, on balance, Nish Kumar emerges okay from that story. He was performing for free at a charity event. A small minority of the audience behaved rowdily. One bread roll was apparently thrown. The rest of the audience seem to have been embarrassed by the group's behaviour. The host of the event criticised the rowdy ones for their rude behaviour. Generally, they seem to come out of the story worse much worse than Kumar himself does.

Some rich people support Trump? Surprising! Although presumably if any of them had any background in the military, not any more...

I stikll think Trump is bad. Still coronavirus and war and One Direction. If I am politicalsa I stopper these bad thing. Trump SUCK!