I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,202

The Lib Dems have a new leader, apparently.

I hate that where I live they're in second place, when in most of the country they're a joke. It feels like being in the Middle Ages or something.

I miss the SDP

:(

And the Brexit party.

The Whigs?

Ahhh memories....

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 27th August 2020, 7:49 AM

prompting our resident Trump cheerleader

I'm hardly a cheerleader, I don't like the guy and I've said as much many times. However, I will call out hysteria, lies, or opinions when they are presented as facts.

I spent an hour griping about President Trump with my six new coworkers Thursday, but we were all in agreement that the riots and defunding movements will likely lead to his reelection. All six of us will vote for him in November: three Whites, two Blacks, and a Latino.

Odd though isn't it?
Nixon was elected by promising to restore law and order in 1968.
But he wasn't actually president then. He could legitimately claim the breakdown in law and order had occurred under the Democratic president, Lyndon Johnson.
Now Trump is attempting the same thing. Yet he is already the president! The breakdown in law and order this time has clearly occurred entirely under him. It wasn't even an issue in 2016.
So it's not very convincing. The problem is far more likely to get worse if Trump gets re-elected than get better.
I suspect most Americans realise that. Trump has clearly made the USA and the world much less safe not more.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th August 2020, 6:55 PM

I'm hardly a cheerleader, I don't like the guy and I've said as much many times. However, I will call out hysteria, lies, or opinions when they are presented as facts.

I think Trump is rather more sinner than sinned against in this respect. Hysteria and lies are his stock in trade.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th August 2020, 6:55 PM

All six of us will vote for him in November: three Whites, two Blacks, and a Latino.

This does nothing to detract from his appalling record on race relations, of course.

I think politicals is badd. Every year political man make promised and every year still badder! If I am politickler there no more war or famine or One Direction and everyone nise. If you kill man then you killed too so punishing and not can kill again. Politicals SUCKS!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st September 2020, 2:20 PM

I think politicals is badd. Every year political man make promised and every year still badder! If I am politickler there no more war or famine or One Direction and everyone nise. If you kill man then you killed too so punishing and not can kill again. Politicals SUCKS!

AND THATS WHAT POLITICS IS - ITS TRUE !!!

(C) Absolutely

I remember her. Awesome.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st September 2020, 7:31 PM

I remember her. Awesome.

:)

Ed Sheeran has named his baby Lyra Antarctica because she was conceived there. To be fair it's a bit chilly in Antarctica so it must've been quite an achievement.

I knew a bloke once called Gerald Wigan Pier Smith

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2020, 9:12 AM

Ed Sheeran has named his baby Lyra Antarctica.....

He just wants an excuse to bore everyone about his fancy holiday to Antarctica. When I was a kid Spain was considered exotic. Who am I kidding, we thought a caravan in Blackpool with an inside toilet was exotic. Teary

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd September 2020, 9:58 AM

we thought a caravan in Blackpool with an inside toilet was exotic. Teary

A caravan with an inside toilet? You were lucky... ... ...

(carries on ad infinitum...)