I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,200

Tax avoiding, draft dodging, racist loving, u turning, pussy grabbing, covfefe-ing, Climate change denying, detol drinking, Putin puppet, Trump.

5 Unofficial BCG points to the first person to name the product this 70,s advert is based on?

Coke or Pepsi...?

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd August 2020, 5:14 PM

Coke or Pepsi...?

Pick one

Pepsi

5 points to Lofthouse!

And the original -

lip smacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cooltalking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing, Pepsi.

Blimey - some Grade 1 nut-jobs speaking at the RNC last night.
Who needs a left-wing press when Republicans are releasing videos like that?

Trump wouldn't be in power today without Murdoch and the Fox Network.
The Tory victory here last year was depressing but I can at least understand it. The press are very conservative here but Labour were in a mess and Johnson is (or was) popular, despite his current incompetence.
But something really has gone badly wrong in the USA. Trump is currently doing everything he can to undermine the credibility of the electoral system.
There's no evidence whatsoever to support the allegations of widespread fraud he's claiming. He's clearly only doing it because he's worried he might not win. He's doing terrible damage in the meantime and it doesn't look like he'll go quietly if he does lose.
He really is as bad as US leaders get. He's exactly the wrong sort of person to do such an important job.
Biden and Hilary Clinton had their flaws - who doesn't? - but they are complete giants next to Trump.
He's a complete disaster.
Like I say, something's gone very wrong somewhere.

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th August 2020, 12:28 PM

Blimey - some Grade 1 nut-jobs speaking at the RNC last night.
Who needs a left-wing press when Republicans are releasing videos like that?

They've drifting towards an angry version of the Monster raving loony party, but without the comedy. Very Trump-like, doubling down on the lies and accentuating their suppositions. It's almost as if Trump's advisors (the ones not in prison) want him to lose. :)

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th August 2020, 1:41 PM

Trump wouldn't be in power today without Murdoch and the Fox Network.

Boris Johnson was enabled by the media as well, to the extent that he was nominated for a BAFTA for one of his appearances on Have I Got News For You. Conservative politicians were gushed over for not having the personality of John Major.

There's this group in america that say the democrats are all satanic child murderers and that Trump is like this white Knight come to the rescue and only he can rid the world of these monsters

And no, this ain't a wind up

I'm fkn serious!

They're called QAnon

Bonkers.
Frighteningly about 20 'believers' have secured places on the congressional ballot - with two of them likely to win.

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th August 2020, 7:23 PM

Frighteningly about 20 'believers' have secured places on the congressional ballot - with two of them likely to win.

They'll fit in well with the 200+ members of Congress who believed in the conspiracy theory that a fabricated dossier "proved" that Donald Trump was guilty of collusion with Russia.

To be fair that wasn't actually particularly far-fetched though was it?
Given Trump 's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't ultimately turn out to be true. I don't think many people would be surprised frankly.
He's a total disgrace.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th August 2020, 7:44 PM

They'll fit in well with the 200+ members of Congress who believed in the conspiracy theory that a fabricated dossier "proved" that Donald Trump was guilty of collusion with Russia.

200+ sounds like a consensus rather than a conspiracy.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th August 2020, 8:57 PM

To be fair that wasn't actually particularly far-fetched though was it?

It was a complete fabrication bought and paid for by the Democrats. President Obama used its "findings" to authorize the nation's intelligence apparatus to spy on the Trump campaign. It wasn't far-fetched, it was illegal. This all transpired about 6 months before the election, so nobody expected it to be uncovered nor investigated, as Hillary was "certain" to win. Then the mad scrambling and backpedaling began, although the media and Democrats continued to push the narrative.

The whole thing was a travesty, and it was at least as heinous as anything Donald Trump has done during his presidency.

Quote: Firkin @ 25th August 2020, 9:46 PM

200+ sounds like a consensus rather than a conspiracy.

No, it was the party line mentality of " do whatever it takes to overturn the results of the election" which ended up exploding in their faces.