I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,174

The Beatles wouldn't even exist without early black American music

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7skJLjTJY

Good job bojo backed down on the free school meals issue

Considering he just spent £900,000 of tax payers money painting his plane red white and blue

Can we have a mature, sensible, serious adult as PM next time?

Instead of this hairy buffoon

You'll have to vote for one next time then.
Boris just didn't appear out of thin air,he's famous for being an idiot.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th June 2020, 8:28 PM

The Beatles wouldn't even exist without early black American music

So what's new...........they and the likes of The Stones, Rod Stewart, Long John Baldry etc. from the early 60s have said this many times, AND they in return have acknowledged how much they were in debt to British groups who gave their careers a kick up the arse, creating world-wide fame for them.

According to reports, ITV is planning a business-themed reality show to rival "The Apprentice".

When discussing the new show, the bods at ITV seem enthusiastic.

I asked one of them, "Would it be fair to say you're fired . . . up about it?"

He saw what I did there. Laughing out loud

It's getting more and more difficult to find a film on TV that isn't preceded by a warning about its potential to cause offence.

In some cases, one only has to think of the potentially-offending film in order to remember that it contains characters and/or language that might be unpopular among certain sections of society in 2020.

I was, however, somewhat taken aback to learn that Sky has added a disclaimer to the film "Aliens".

A little research revealed that the potentially offensive aspect of that film is that a Hispanic character is played by a non-Hispanic actor.

I didn't realise that was offensive.

Still, we live and learn (as they say).

Still on the subject of non-Hispanics playing Hispanic roles in films, I think Sky's worry about "Aliens" is that the Hispanic Private Jenette Vasquez was played by Californian Jenette Goldstein.

While Ms Goldstein may not be Hispanic, she does her best to be diverse by being Jewish with Russian, Moroccan and Brazilian ancestors.

Also, the character's name was Jenette and they cast an actress whose name was also Jenette thus avoiding causing offence to those who believe a fictional character should only ever be portrayed by an actor with the same name as that character.

As ever, of course, it seems when you're trying to avoid giving offence, you just can't win. :(

Aliens was poop

So was Alien

I do however love Alien 3 and Alien 4

Oddly

Katie Hopkins has been banned from Twitter.

Some say "Good riddance".

Others denounce her ban as a crime against free speech.

It's a funny old world.

That excuse for a human being makes my flesh crawl

I just love the "If you've been affected by any of the issues......" after almost every TV programme. I needed therapy myself after something I saw.
A young man man who never knew his father, has his family killed, he then runs away with a creepy old man, nearly has a relationship with a girl later revealed to be his sister, almost dies in a snowy wilderness, meets up with his genocidal absent dad, who chops his hand off, and he then joins a bonkers religious cult. If ever there was a family perfect for the Jeremy Kyle show its the Skywalker clan.

Twitter's censorship bar must be in the gutter if they've only just banned Hopkins. I bet Rose West still has an account.

She blocked me :(

So the one drivel spouting racist isn't allowed on Twitter but the one in the White House is?