I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,160

Never mind Bill 'The Most Boring Man In Britain' Roach, it was Al Pacino's 80th this week. Hooah!

"Boris Johnson is a man still adjusting to life after a terrifying brush with death's pale rider."

That's a headline in today's Daily Mail but I don't think death has or ever has had a pale rider, has it?

The headline is clearly a reference to the four horsemen of the apocalypse, one of whom was Death whose colour is not mentioned but who, the Bible tells us, rode a pale horse.

A horse and his jockey do not necessarily share every physical characteristic.

Having said that, I once heard a very amusing story about . . .

But I digress!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th April 2020, 11:02 AM

"Boris Johnson is a man still adjusting to life after a terrifying brush with death's pale rider."

That's a headline in today's Daily Mail but I don't think death has or ever has had a pale rider, has it?

The headline is clearly a reference to the four horsemen of the apocalypse, one of whom was Death whose colour is not mentioned but who, the Bible tells us, rode a pale horse.

A horse and his jockey do not necessarily share every physical characteristic.

Having said that, I once heard a very amusing story about . . .

But I digress!

By the look of his hair, any brush would be terrifying for him.

Anybody who's ever seen a Harry Potter film will, I'm sure, remember Draco Malfoy.

What a slimy bastard, right?

Anyway, notwithstanding Draco's character defects, it seems the actor who portrayed him is now making a few quid by sending personalised video messages on something called "Cameo".

Have you ever heard of it? I certainly haven't.

The thing is that, whether you've heard of it or not, if someone you know is a Draco fan, actor Tom Felton will send them a little video message on Cameo - if you're willing to pay him £200.

Surprisingly (to me, anyway), lots of people are quite prepared to pay him £200 and the people who receive his personalised video messages are said to be thrilled to bits.

In fairness, I suppose £200 isn't a fortune these days and if you can thrill a loved one to bits for such a sum, I say "Why not?"

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th April 2020, 10:30 AM

Anybody who's ever seen a Harry Potter film will, I'm sure, remember Draco Malfoy.

What a slimy bastard, right?

Anyway, notwithstanding Draco's character defects, it seems the actor who portrayed him is now making a few quid from sending personalised video messages on something called "Cameo".

Have you ever heard of it? I certainly haven't.

Anyway, if someone you know is a Draco fan, actor Tom Felton will send them a little video message on Cameo - if you're willing to pay him £200.

Surprisingly (to me, anyway) lots of people are quite prepared to pay him £200 and the people who receive his personalised video messages are said to be thrilled to bits.

In fairness, I suppose £200 isn't a fortune these days and if you can thrill a loved one to bits for such a sum, I say "Why not?"

Aff their heids! £200 WOULD be a fortune to some folk.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th April 2020, 10:33 AM

Aff their heids! £200 WOULD be a fortune to some folk.

That is true, of course.

It's amazing the way some people spend money, even when they're not rich.

I remember, about 20 years ago, a young woman of my acquaintance had a very young son (I think he'd just started primary school) and, with Christmas coming up, she was determined to buy him an Xbox.

She was out of work and on benefits and the Xbox cost about £200 (about £350 in today's money) - but she bought it for him, somehow.

Absolutely effing stupid!

"Carrie Symonds gives birth to a healthy baby boy," say the newspaper headlines.

It's rather a strange thing to say, isn't it?

Isn't it true that since the beginning of time every boy that's ever been born has at the time of his birth been a baby?

It's equally true that since the beginning of time every girl that's ever been born has at the time of her birth been a baby.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that since the beginning of time everybody (regardless of gender) that's ever been born has at the time of their birth been a baby.

PS. This post may seem a trifle pedantic but it's a slow news day. Laughing out loud

Prepare for a lot of spew-making sycophantic nonsense on tonight's news. Sick

It's not so much a slow news day as an unchanging news day.

David Icke, conspiracy theorist extraordinaire, is 68 today.

David has for some considerable time been concerned about shape-shifting lizards at Buckingham Palace.

Combining that conspiracy theory with another conspiracy theory, I'd love to know whether Prince Harry is half lizard or not.

How could he?

Neither of his parents are/were from the Windsor blood line...

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th April 2020, 6:40 PM

How could he?

Neither of his parents are/were from the Windsor blood line...

Laughing out loud:Laughing out loudLaughing out loud good one.

They made Captain Tom a colonel for raising 27 million for the NHS and rightly so, but they missed a trick as while it is a lower rank they should have made him a Major so he would be 'Major Tom ' That way we would already have songs about him..

The name of the Prime Minister's son is genuinely Willy Johnson. As if the kid didn't have enough problems.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 2nd May 2020, 2:17 PM

The name of the Prime Minister's son is genuinely Willy Johnson. As if the kid didn't have enough problems.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud