I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,157

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th April 2020, 11:34 PM

No, no, no.

I know you mean well.

But his kind, self-disciplined, subtle, authoritative , mature, genuinely empathetic ways will rein in the sad people who have gone way out there. A No 1 haircut can still be done for £18 on Amazon but he has had the sense to research that all that stuff is dispatched from China. I realise people do differ politically but you must agree he has led the entire nation against far eastern self trimming which may or may not shove in your box invisible coincidentally narrow eyed enemies .

I Don't mean well. He has blood on his hands. Useless, uncaring f**kwit, who jaunted off on holiday when he should have been looking for ways to protect us, Haircut? Throatcut would be more appropriate.

Quote: Briosaid @ 18th April 2020, 11:43 PM

I Don't mean well. He has blood on his hands. Useless, uncaring f**kwit, who jaunted off on holiday when he should have been looking for ways to protect us, Haircut? Throatcut would be more appropriate.

Whoops - my natural clumsiness.

So sorry - I got it wrong again.

Tbh I am constantly arguing even with what my DNA says.

But that's mostly a political dispute, obviously.

It did Hague. Blair, Clegg, Farage - I didn't do any of them.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th April 2020, 11:46 PM

Whoops - my natural clumsiness.

So sorry - I got it wrong again.

Tbh I am constantly arguing even with what my DNA says.

But that's mostly a political dispute, obviously.

It did Hague. Blair, Clegg, Farage - I didn't do any of them.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 19th April 2020, 12:03 AM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Cool

:D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th April 2020, 3:13 PM

You won't read this in the newspapers but I am informed that a well-known celebrity (a member of a band beloved by one of our favourite BCG members) has/had a house in Marlow, Buckinghamshire in which there's a room containing two toilets - facing each other!

The walls and the ceiling are completely covered in mirrors.

You won't read this on the dust jacket of Woody Allen's autobiography, Apropos of Nothing, but I am reliably informed that a famous celebrity (do you see what I did there? Laughing out loud) (who co-wrote The Office with Stephen Merchant) eats food - sometimes raw, sometimes cooked and sometimes processed!

The BBC are digging up some old Archers episodes.They should bring back Mrs Dale's Diary.

Just watched a war doc and I laughed out loud at this bit: 'On VE Day the royals appeared on the balcony seven times.' Wow. 'My dad lost his legs in the war... My cousin had his eyes gouged out with torpedoes doused in acid... My brother had a nuke rammed up his jacksie...' Never mind that, these fellows stepped onto their luxury balcony SEVEN times. Now that's commitment.

I think it was pretty sporting of them

Considering they were all f**king German

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th April 2020, 11:59 AM

I think it was pretty sporting of them

Considering they were all f**king German

One of history's greatest military mysteries concerns the British Army trapped at Dunkirk and essentially just waiting for the Germans to take them prisoner (at best!) and Hitler's astonishing decision that his army should take no action against the British at Dunkirk as they waited helplessly to be captured or killed.

None of his generals - or anybody else - could understand that decision but modern historians have come up with the not implausible theory that Hitler and the British royal family were very friendly and that he therefore wished no harm to Britain or its soldiers, as long as they were no significant threat to him.

It is well known that Adolf and Edward VIII were very much the best of friends and it is believed that Edward was to be installed as ruler of Britain once the Germans had subjugated Europe and Britain had inevitably surrendered.

Indeed, it is believed by some historians that Hitler was able to invade and conquer France as easily as he did because Edward VIII, who had shortly beforehand, conducted a thorough survey of French military defences, had supplied Hitler with all the details, thus allowing him to invade and take possession of the country without encountering the major part of its defences.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

A German family from the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha who suddenly decide for the sake of PR to rename themselves after a well-known English castle would still be German.

Lofty is pretty much on the money.

PS. When I started writing this post, I gave myself strict instructions not to mention the war. I've alluded to it a couple of times, but I think I got away with it.

Yeah Hitler had a soft spot for the British- he thought they had a lot in common with the German people

I think his eventual plan was to conquer the planet but let the British run certain parts of our old empire

After murdering every Jew, Gipsy and disabled person in Britain first of course

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th April 2020, 1:29 PM

Yeah Hitler had a soft spot for the British- he thought they had a lot in common with the German people

I think his eventual plan was to conquer the planet but let the British run certain parts of our old empire

After murdering every Jew, Gipsy and disabled person in Britain first of course

I love gypsies. In the 1980s I knew a bloke who was in a wheelchair and a lowish grade official for gypsy policy. He was sent out by crass seniors in his modified Reliant to close down illegal encampments. They took an indifferent gamble with his life that he was the only person there who wouldn't have rocks thrown at his head. Later, it was all diversity this and diversity that. I had a boss who took three hours out twice a week to referee football and thought that was fine.

He hated the diversity stuff. I covered his work when I could have gone to the presentations on black people, Indian people, Chinese people, gay people and disabled people. He thought he had sailed through the lot. The last one was on gypsy people. He laughed out loud - "who the so and so would want to attend that?" And I said I am. He laughed more. I said "no, I really am - you can't do your match because I'm really interested in them and want to learn more." He was absolutely furious. That was when I met Jake Bowers who was doing a gypsy show on Three Counties Radio, found out just how many celebrities are from gypsy background, and became fluent in half a day in gypsy language. Every time football ref moaned, I just replied in gypsy. My report at the end of the year was terrible but it was a tiny price to pay.

It seems Posh Spice has furloughed her fashion staff and is expecting their salaries to be paid by the good old British taxpayer.

That might be acceptable if she didn't very clearly have money to burn and wasn't so insistent on burning it so publicly.

Anybody familiar with the London restaurant "Sketch" will notice that Victoria is quite fond of swigging Bucks fizz.

What they may not notice (unless they are particularly eagle-eyed) is that she has it made with champagne costing £1500 a bottle!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 19th April 2020, 5:09 PM

It seems Posh Spice has furloughed her fashion staff and is expecting their salaries to be paid by the good old British taxpayer.

That might be acceptable if she didn't very clearly have money to burn and wasn't so insistent on burning it so publicly.

Anybody familiar with the London restaurant "Sketch" will notice that Victoria is quite fond of swigging Bucks fizz.

What they may not notice (unless they are particularly eagle-eyed) is that she has it made with champagne costing £1500 a bottle!

I wish you hadn't posted that - now I'm angry!

So when the Beckhams made sure we all saw they were clapping, it wasn't for the NHS it was out of greedy glee.

'F**king Germans.' Literally.