I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,135

The problem with Corbyn's Queens Speech answer is that it's like all his answers. He vacillates and waffles instead of answering it in a straight manner.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 5th December 2019, 11:50 PM

Bunter the reason he didn't watch the Queens speech was because he went to a shelter to see vulnerable people . I'm not Jezzas biggest fan but he tells the truth in the main as opposed to the proven liar Johnson.
I think you should highlight policy more on both sides as then we can debate fact as opposed to opinion and in return I will watch the Queens speech to see if she mentions that the FBI being after one of her kids as a suspected nonce case.

I have no interest in whether he (or indeed yourself) watches the Queen's speech. I don't; I don't know anybody who does. I was answering a post from somebody else as to why so much was being made of the exchange. Once again you miss the point.

For the record, I wouldn't trust any of them and, furthermore, don't particularly want to vote for any of them. Although, as my constituency returned a majority of 17,500 in 2017, it probably won't make much difference anyway.

Billy if you strip away the hate , bile and hyperbole going on at this time by both sides you could say that what he did was to opt for diplomacy, which is good trait for a potential leader wouldn't you say?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 6th December 2019, 9:34 AM

Billy if you strip away the hate , bile and hyperbole going on at this time by both sides you could say that what he did was to opt for diplomacy, which is good trait for a potential leader wouldn't you say?

I would rather he stuck to his principles so that we all know where he stands.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 5th December 2019, 11:50 PM

I'm not Jezzas biggest fan but he tells the truth in the main as opposed to the proven liar Johnson.

Very true. There was a study of misinformation when Trump came to power, around 70% of his election speeches were untrue as opposed to 20% of Hilary's. At times of uncertainty we want decisive leaders. That's where Corbyn falls down.

Many think Trump purposefully created the fear he needed to win. I.e. All Mexican's are rapists and drug pushers, built a wall. Hence Boris's and Mogg rhetoric of "Treason", "Surrender bill" is doing the same. The fact Boris is morally corrupt, economically inept and hated by the very people we need trade deals from, all that won't become apparent until after he's in. The History books show we make our worst decisions when voting from fear. Most con tricks work off manipulating emotions. He'll be out in 5 expensive, years time, imo. I hope I'm wrong.

Billy blunt speaking in national and international matters is his bag to be honest , he's so blunt he puts the shits up anyone with more than ten bob in their pocket.
Juxtaposed with Johnson a serial proven liar bereft of conviction or morals, I know who I'd let mind my cat and it would be f**king Bojo as he would either sell it, pork it or burn cat food in front of it.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 6th December 2019, 1:28 PM

I know who I'd let mind my cat and it would be f**king Bojo as he would either sell it, pork it or burn cat food in front of it.

You're not overkeen on your cat then? Errr

Not really I just have it around to make the dog jealous .

50 years since Altamont:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-50665854/was-this-the-original-fyre-festival

The thing about balance is that you take people out from rigid regimes and let them pitch their tents in mud swamps. Sunshine faces are on every balloon, not too much of a rip off in the orange juice department, and security is so low key you wouldn't spot it BUT it is run by army or Queensbury rules. Non balance is maximising self-profit with security by Hells Angels. Modern balance is kind of Glastonbury as it became before it became too hip-hop corporate conventional. Circa 2000. Modern lack of balance is up at Fishmongers' Hall. Cambridge Uni profiteers dallying with ISIS terrorists, pro cocaine, pro drill vid, and full of confidence that it can all be easily be managed by them. Balance doesn't lead to any deaths. Non balance guarantees them as much as the rigid regimes it is against for widening the poverty gap and going off to war.

As Charlies Watts said:

'If Woodstock started it, we stopped it'

Last year, Owen Benjamin the alt-right comedian was banned permanently from Twitter.

He's now been banned from YouTube.

Free speech is a marvellous thing, isn't it?

It's clearly one of the most valuable rights a human being can have.

It's so valuable, in fact, that I think it was well worth fighting two world wars to ensure that we are the ones deciding who in our society has that right and who doesn't. Laughing out loud

Owen Benjamin is a hate filled anti-semite, who's so extreme even the modern Labour party might have a problem with him. Free speech doesn't mean protecting the rights of hatemongering violence-inciting numpties.

Quote: chipolata @ 6th December 2019, 8:33 PM

Owen Benjamin is a hate filled anti-semite, who's so extreme even the modern Labour party might have a problem with him. Free speech doesn't mean protecting the rights of hatemongering violence-inciting numpties.

I think you might be right, actually. Laughing out loud

What a hateful bullying turd Elon Musk is. Proof that money means you can get away with anything.

Apparently, Prince Andrew has a book coming out entitled "My Travels in America".

He recalls his visits to 49 of the 50 states but claims to have absolutely no memory of ever being in Virginia.

(Do you see what I did there?) Laughing out loud