I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,090

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th September 2019, 11:34 PM

If he's innocent he should be suing her for defamation.

Is there any defamation here?

She's alleging that she (a single woman) had consensual sex with Andrew (a single man).

He says no such thing ever happened but, whether it did or not, is the allegation defamatory?

I don't think so.

Ross Noble lives in our village.News to me,anyway.

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st September 2019, 9:24 AM

Are you sure?

I know he lived in Australia at one time but I thought he returned to England about 10 years ago after his Australian house was burnt to the ground in a bushfire.

One thing's for certain: he's got a UK stand-up tour next spring so that's going to be one hell of a commute if he's still living in Oz! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st September 2019, 8:58 AM

Is there any defamation here?

Er, yes, if this is untrue as he claims it is, the claim is extremely damaging to his reputation and by association the entire royal family.

He says no such thing ever happened but, whether it did or not, is the allegation defamatory?

About as defamatory as it gets!

She's alleging that she (a single woman) had consensual sex with Andrew (a single man).

This is not so. The whole point of her allegations already made in court and now reasserted on TV is that she was trafficked for sex by Epstein who controlled and manipulated her for sex with himself and others and she was too young to really know what she was doing and in US law she was a minor. It's a charge which is nearer to rape than pure consensual sex, it's sexual exploitation of a minor. Not want any Royal Family wants, especially one as 'precious' as ours.

I think he's in trouble once hacks start sniffing out evidence of his time in New York and the Caribbean at the times she alleges.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st September 2019, 10:32 AM

The whole point of her allegations already made in court and now reasserted on TV is that she was trafficked for sex by Epstein who controlled and manipulated her for sex with himself and others

I agree that's the whole point of the allegations but I'm not sure paying somebody $15,000 per bonk is sex trafficking within most people's understanding of the term. I think most people would describe her as a top-end call girl.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st September 2019, 10:32 AM

she was too young to really know what she was doing.

I don't think many people will accept that. She was 17 years old and, for as long as England has existed, the law has taken the view that 17-year-old girls know what they're doing when it comes to having sex or not having sex.

Given that the law has taken that view for centuries and that no significant body of opinion in the 21st century is suggesting that the age of consent in Britain should be raised to 18 or above, I think it's fairly safe to say that a normally-intelligent 17-year-old girl in this modern day and age is perfectly capable of making an informed decision regarding her own sexual activities.

Jeffrey Epstein might have been up to all sorts of deplorable shenanigans involving young women and Andrew's association with this man does cast a shadow over him but if we restrict ourselves to this particular girl's story of her liaison(s) with Andrew, I don't think it paints him in a bad light.

He was single, she was single and they had sex.

Big deal? I really don't think so.

A prince that was very chummy with a nonce

Big deal imo

And of course, this seems to run in the family...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-charless-friendship-paedophile-clergyman-15022050.amp

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st September 2019, 11:26 AM

A prince that was very chummy with a nonce

Big deal imo

Yes, I certainly see your point.

To avoid confusion, I should perhaps reiterate that I believe Andrew's association with Jeffrey Epstein does indeed cast a shadow over Andrew and accordingly, might very well be seen as a big deal.

In determining just how big a deal it is, we need to be better informed with regard to how much Andrew knew about Epstein's unsavoury activities. Alf is no doubt correct when he suggests that further investigations will render us much better informed than we are at the present time.

With regard to Andrew's activities with the young lady we've been discussing in the last few posts, I believe it's entirely likely she's telling the truth about what happened between them. Similarly, I believe it's possible Andrew had no idea she was being paid to have sex with him and that she was no stranger to such arrangements. Perhaps he thought she did it because she fancied him or perhaps because she simply fancied an English Prince?

Whatever her motivation for having sex with Andrew (if indeed she did), I see absolutely no evidence of coercion.

$15,000 for a night's work? That's a far cry from the (literal or figurative) gun to the head associated with traditional sex trafficking.

I have no idea what sort of things she did and why she did them before or after her liaison(s) with Andrew but while she was with him, she was in my view employed (possibly without his knowledge) as a top-of-the-range call girl providing sexual services of her own free will - and, again in my view, no shame attaches itself either to Andrew or to the girl for what happened between them.

Do you think the Queen agreed to prorogue parliament to move the media's eye away from Andrew and also Harry and Meghan ? They were all taking a bashing just before that happened. Or is it because she's 93 and too polite to ask what prorogue means ?

Quote: Firkin @ 21st September 2019, 2:43 PM

Do you think the Queen agreed to prorogue parliament to move the media's eye away from Andrew and also Harry and Meghan ? They were all taking a bashing just before that happened. Or is it because she's 93 and too polite to ask what prorogue means ?

Yes. Also she's 93 and bloody useless. What are we paying this o,ld dottard for? All she cares about is preserving the monarchy, I.e. her useless family.. Bloody waste of space and money.

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st September 2019, 8:32 PM

Bloody waste of space and money.

Nowadays, I think more people would agree with that assessment of the Royal family than at any other time in living memory.

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st September 2019, 9:24 AM

I think his dad is the bloke from those Safestyle windows adverts. That's right it's free fitting!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st September 2019, 9:17 PM

Nowadays, I think more people would agree with that assessment of the Royal family than at any other time in living memory.

It's been my opinion for many a year. TO THE GUILLOTINE! Note: my father was a bit of a Communist and I'm a Francophile.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st September 2019, 9:37 AM

Are you sure?

I know he lived in Australia at one time but I thought he returned to England about 10 years ago after his Australian house was burnt to the ground in a bushfire.

One thing's for certain: he's got a UK stand-up tour next spring so that's going to be one hell of a commute if he's still living in Oz! Laughing out loud

According to the local paper he's selling his house.I know the street and I think I know why he wants to sell.They are building a new housing estate virtually next door.

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st September 2019, 10:44 PM

According to the local paper he's selling his house.I know the street and I think I know why he wants to sell.They are building a new housing estate virtually next door.

I know he moved back to England from Australia about 10 years ago and I can't find any mention of him moving back to Australia - except for this one Australian news item that won't play on my computer because it's geographically restricted.

It's from 2018 and says Ross is buying a house in Australia.

Apparently, his wife is Australian - so that might explain a lot.

https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/v180701lfz/ross-noble-is-moving-to-australia-20180701

He's had bad luck with his house.It's a nice location but a large block of land close by,which used to be a big old house in it's own grounds,is being developed.Ten double story McMansions. And every family seems to have at least two cars here.It will be a nightmare.