I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,046

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th May 2019, 9:21 PM

Because of all the anti-Scots feeling here ,

Not from me :( .....................(my wife would have summat to say about that if I was anyway). Had great times in Glasgow, as you know Brio, of course. (:)

Quote: Chappers @ 29th May 2019, 11:47 PM

Scotch?

( He's just not going to let it go)

Quote: Chappers @ 29th May 2019, 11:47 PM

Anti Scotch? Rubbish! I love Scotch eggs although I don't like whiskey.

I love you all! Well Lulu, Phyllis Logan, Maureen Beattie and Rene Lister!

You are exonerated. I don't like whisky, either. Or porridge. Or haggis.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th May 2019, 12:03 AM

Not from me :( .....................(my wife would have summat to say about that if I was anyway). Had great times in Glasgow, as you know Brio, of course. (:))[/i]

You, too, are innocent.

Because of all the anti-Scots feeling here , I've considered my reply carefully. In the past, I've been described as being anti-English (e.g. by Kipper). This is bollocks. I have many English friends and many fervent nationalists are English. Unlike other parts of the UK, we welcome immigrants and that includes the English. Come and join us. We do really need immigrants, especially to pick the fruit that started rotting last year when EU people left us because of the monster that is Brexit. I have had to put up with xenophobic abuse here, many times, and have nearly left the board on a number of occasions because of it. So, dust yourselves down you xenophobes - I won't be intimidated.
Please note - I am not anti-English, merely anti-Westminster.

Horseradish, please note, Scotland is a small country, so easy to know folk. 2 girls I know were at school with Jo Swinson and consuder her a fine human being.

I loved most Scottish people when the SNP could be dismissed as a far right wing fringe rump (1970s) but it isn't possible to maintain it when they don't want to be a part of me.

If SNP get independence, at some point it will all go pear shaped, just as it does with any party, especially when people come to regard what they live in as a one party state.

At that point, your Government will be taken over by Siol nan Gaidheal which won't be very helpful to most of your grandchildren or the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQfGSRMzNWI

(I was born British so the Highlands are as much mine as they are Scottish : that is why in 1973 I was given lessons in how to toss the caber by Donald E Campbell at the Nairn Highland Games and I know Ullapool like the palm of my hand : Sturgeon and most of her supporters hadn't even born then : I am much more Scottish in that sense than they are)

As for Jo Swinson, she doesn't sound too bothered about the monstrous Cyril Smith affair:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/lib-dem-jo-swinson-david-steel/

Please note - I am not anti-English, merely anti-Westminster.

Please note that I am not anti-Scots, merely anti-false_information.

Quote: Briosaid @ 30th May 2019, 12:06 AM

You are exonerated. I don't like whisky, either. Or porridge. Or haggis.

Oh I do like Haggis!

Quote: Chappers @ 30th May 2019, 10:05 PM

Oh I do like Haggis!

If you like oatcakes and potato scones (preferably fried), you're in.

Quote: Briosaid @ 30th May 2019, 10:36 PM

If you like oatcakes and potato scones (preferably fried), you're in.

Was that an invite or a chat up line?

Nah!

The potential new Prime Minister Rory Stewart admitted he has smoked heroin.
Of course just the once...???

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st May 2019, 11:54 AM

It was opium and he did it to fit into the culture.

He was governing Iraq and walking 93 miles a day across deserts owned by the Taliban at the time while also giving Chinese lessons to William and Harry and producing a television series on the Border Country.

He's my favourite tbh - I like him as a person a lot, largely because he seems so nothing like all the things he has done : not stereotypical.

But it's all politics with you isn't it. Politics, politics, politics - and not at all like the old days,

Talking about "like" has anyone seen my likes? I've done a lot of likes on my profile and I'm quietly pleased with them.

They have something of a flow.

There's also a photograph of me with a few of my mates. Angelic

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st May 2019, 11:54 AM

And, like Evelyn Blunt of old, he presumably didn't like it.

I get really pissed off with these politicians who admit to taking drugs so they can be down with the mob. Who cares what they took? If accused they could just say , Yes, I did,' and get on with it.

Shootings (again) in Virginia. Really, how much do you need to feel pissed off with your work pals to shoot the poor bastards to death?

But, oh, America needs guns! My arse. (*waits for Da Butt to defend the indefensible)

Pulling a trigger is easy.
Fighting or hitting someone takes guts and bravery.
Americans don't do brave.

You all know my antipathy to the Royals, but I must say - all power to Meghan Merkle for her calling out of arsehole Ttrump..
Then there's arsehole Widdicombe - maybe some formula could be found to transform her from a prejudiced arsehole to an actual human being, though I suspect that could be a step too far.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd June 2019, 8:26 PM

You all know my antipathy to the Royals, but I must say - all power to Meghan Merkle for her calling out of arsehole Ttrump..
Then there's arsehole Widdicombe - maybe some formula could be found to transform her from a prejudiced arsehole to an actual human being, though I suspect that could be a step too far.

Donald Trump is a "disrupter".

What's that all about?

At my time of life, I need a dis-rupture but the NHS has gone down the pan.

At least Widdy is right.

Science can cure homosapienism.

Most people round here (and it's true blue) are already either celibate or shagging a robot doll four times a night.