I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,045

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th May 2019, 12:17 AM

(Now the BBC are doing the Farage speech with his words not sync'ed to the pictures - total bias)

Perhaps Farage was deliberately doing it himself? As an oblique tribute to Steve Coogan's early stand-up routines.

Quote: chipolata @ 28th May 2019, 6:41 AM

Perhaps Farage was deliberately doing it himself? As an oblique tribute to Steve Coogan's early stand-up routines.

:D

One of the big plus points of us leaving the EU is that Scotland will become overwhelmingly English.

Just ahead of its independence and its application to re-join the EU ten million English people will be moving permanently north of the border.

And as all its services provided by the SNP sink under the sheer weight of numbers, Sturgeon and Blackford will suddenly become deeply Eurosceptic and staunch in their loyalty to the UK.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th May 2019, 9:18 AM

One of the big plus points of us leaving the EU is that Scotland will become overwhelmingly English.

(stands back with big grin on face in anticipation of Brio's bon mot)

ten million English people will be moving permanently north of the border.

I strongly suspect they'll find Briosaid and the Loch Ness Monster waiting for them at Gretna Green.

Thousands will be ripped to pieces - and that's before Nessie gets involved!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th May 2019, 9:54 AM

I strongly suspect they'll find Briosaid.......!

Already said

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th May 2019, 10:11 AM

Already said

But ne'er so well express'd.

Quote: billwill @ 26th May 2019, 12:16 PM

Ah, but you see, public opinion allows you to point at an ugly white boy and say he is ugly, but not to do the same for a coloured boy.

It's the same mentality that says 'emancipated' when women rip the shit out of men, but 'you sexist wanker' the minute any male makes any comment about any female, no matter how reasoned, sobre and objective. I'm into the equality of the sexes, but these days that's not enough: you have to worship any female, whether she's leading a country through a period of crisis or molesting minors. Girl power!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th May 2019, 10:20 AM

But ne'er so well express'd.

Hmmmm, it's the "But" that worries me......................sneaky.

Just ahead of its independence and its application to re-join the EU ten million English people will be moving permanently north of the border.

And as all its services provided by the SNP sink under the sheer weight of numbers, Sturgeon and Blackford will suddenly become deeply Eurosceptic and staunch in their loyalty to the UK.

Or, rather than that (or in addition), since Scotland wants more immigration to have a larger population and the Irish situation will never be solved by simple tweaks, let Scotland nationalize large tract(s) of western land (Trump's golf course?) and let contracts for Irish builders to build an entire new city there for over half a million residents. Then sell/rent those properties only to the Northern Irish unionists (protestants) letting them retain any property in NI and subsequently rent it out.

Finally after most of the unionists (inc DUP) have moved to Scotland, have a referendum in NI on whether it should leave the UK and rejoin the EU. Since that would almost certainly be a pro-EU result, NI and SI can be rejoined and the UK would have solved the backstop issue and everyone except the Scots will be happy about it. {the Scots are never happy about anything anyway except Whiskey}

Ooh......lots of lovely posts for which many thanks.

I was away from the forum for many months (Elon Musk wanted my advice on getting cul-de-sacs built on Jupiter and a lot of other stuff I can't go into) so I missed developments. Would I be right in thinking that Briosaid is a well-known (female) long term member who once went under a different name? The posts remind me of that mainly harmless Sturgeon loving loony with an illogical hatred of the Windsors but I guess I could be wrong. Maybe there's loads of them.

Re comments on Ann Widdecombe, she hammed it up on Thursday night for all to see. Seemed borderline mad and it was so wonderful. It reminded me of the old days when most people seemed mad and yet were normal in that way rather than in the current culture where everyone seems normal and is clearly so raving crackers as to be entirely off the sanity scale.

The most I can say about Jess Phillips MP is that she has a brilliant imagination. I went up to Birmingham to check out whether as she had said Crufts dogs were really booking rooms in the Travelodge which had been occupied by homeless people. It was total nonsense - there were no talking dogs with rucksacks in the Bullring - just as when she almost burst into tears in Parliament in saying that there was only now one midwife in all of her constituency. There are, in fact, 19.

On Mick Monkhouse's point, I almost had a girlfriend a decade and a half ago but we fell out not only as she always turned up seven hours after the time we agreed, followed by an insistence of being at the cooker for three hours making a curry, but she told me that she had expected me to, quote, "worship the ground that she walked on" and I didn't. How could I? The carpets in my place are bog standard and solid floors are rarely spiritual, let alone full of Christianity.

I am studying Bill Will's comments carefully as he is onto something interesting but then again he always has been.

Yes, it's no secret, Briosaid was here under a different username (I've forgotten which) and she, I and Rood Eye's on-line arguements go back via many different fora to the days (2004 ish) of a BBC competition (Last Laugh) which was to to finish one of six (?) comedy scripts.

Brio had a different username on each forum, Rood Eye & I have retained the same ones throughout. Most others who date back to Last Laugh are no longer on these forums, but many are on Facebook.

Quote: billwill @ 28th May 2019, 7:00 PM

Yes, it's no secret, Briosaid was here under a different username (I've forgotten which) and she, I and Rood Eye's on-line arguements go back via many different fora to the days (2004 ish) of a BBC competition (Last Laugh) which was to to finish one of six (?) comedy scripts.

Brio had a different username on each forum, Rood Eye & I have retained the same ones throughout. Most others who date back to Last Laugh are no longer on these forums, but many are on Facebook.

Ah - that makes a lot of sense and interesting history too.

I have also had two names on this forum - Horseradish and A Horseradish.

The change was quite a big leap for me but I got used to it in the end.

So what happened (again)?

The BBC and LBC today announced that they will respectively be having a TV debate and individual radio interview hours featuring Tory leadership hopefuls. These are designed to help the general public decide which one they want to be PM just before being told that they have no influence in the outcome. Currently there are 11 candidates and this is expected to rise tomorrow to 16. On this trend, every Conservative MP will have slung a hat in the ring long before the summer recess and not one if elected will have any ability to command support because they all want to be the leader and not led.

Mr Campbell was thrown out of the Labour Party today for voting Liberal Democrat. He is fighting against the expulsion but says that as far as he is concerned he is still a member. This position is wholly in line with his instinct to view his own reality as the reality and see rules etc as purely subject to his own interpretation. That, of course, has most recently been witnessed when it comes to principles about referendum outcomes and whether 52% represents any meaningful majority. This afternoon Mr Blair commented that he knew several other people in Labour who had voted Lib Dem. Seeing that he only ever talks about himself, that particular interview may need to be examined closely by the unions and Momentum.

The Campaign Against Anti Semitism has just announced that it is launching a new investigation into allegations of anti-semitism in the Labour Party, saying in a way that doesn't look good for Labour that it had also launched an investigation into the BNP. Its leading figures appear to be well known names who are close to (i) Mr Campbell's New Labour style colleagues including arch Remainer Lord Adonis who so spectacularly failed to be elected to the EU Parliament in the South West of England constituency and (ii) dear Mrs May who has applauded them on several occasions in the past.

While the issues are important and until now have arguably only been whitewashed in an internal investigation by Labour's Ms Chakrabarti, the timing of the announcement is uncanny. This is surely a coalition of (i) the furious over the country's ongoing Brexit course and (ii) the furious over the the blocking of May's form of Brexit and the end of the Prime MInister's reign. Essentially it is an establishment initiative designed to ensure that (i) Mr Corbyn's time is up, (ii) Labour go into oblivion because the Conservatives are going into oblivion and (iii) Britain becomes a one party Lib Dem EU state,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72yEx61VrV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_NsefWgW1I

(General Election on 31 October 2019 : Arise Queen Swinson......one can almost feel it in one's grim shuddering bones)

Scotland

:S

(can't one)

Because of all the anti-Scots feeling here , I've considered my reply carefully. In the past, I've been described as being anti-English (e.g. by Kipper). This is bollocks. I have many English friends and many fervent nationalists are English. Unlike other parts of the UK, we welcome immigrants and that includes the English. Come and join us. We do really need immigrants, especially to pick the fruit that started rotting last year when EU people left us because of the monster that is Brexit. I have had to put up with xenophobic abuse here, many times, and have nearly left the board on a number of occasions because of it. So, dust yourselves down you xenophobes - I won't be intimidated.
Please note - I am not anti-English, merely anti-Westminster.

Horseradish, please note, Scotland is a small country, so easy to know folk. 2 girls I know were at school with Jo Swinson and consuder her a fine human being.

Anti Scotch? Rubbish! I love Scotch eggs although I don't like whiskey.

I love you all! Well Lulu, Phyllis Logan, Maureen Beattie and Rene Lister!