I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,040

Thank you for the replies so far which on the surface and possibly more seem to me to be quite varied. However, perhaps there is consensus that what is different in this case is that it is/was directed at someone rather than being attempted more generally on a stage. Yes - I have had a lot of trauma in my life. I take the point that people's reactions to things differ and that for some difficult real jokes can be therapy.

On a different point, I have had a reply to my e-mail from the Lib Dems - they honoured their word on their website which was to seek to come back within 24 hours - and what they have said is quite interesting. They wish to, quote, "reassure" that nothing will be going into people's letterboxes with the phrase "Bollocks to Brexit" on it. What this says to me is the phrase was picked to get maximum newspaper publicity.

So Jeremy Kyle is off air while they investigate the death of a guest after an episode was filmed. That episode will not be aired and no other episodes will be filmed/aired until the investigation is over. Blimey. Twitter's going bananas!

Here's hoping it's also the death of the show.
The lowest form of entertainment and a stain on our society.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th May 2019, 2:47 PM

The lowest form of entertainment and a stain on our society.

When I read that, I thought I'd inadvertently clicked on the "Ghosts" thread. Laughing out loud

More of a strain than a stain....

It's strange how the media hasn't fallen over themselves to publish a story identifying the person who has died so perhaps ITV have mobilised their legal team to identify and cover up any failings and involvement. They don't care about procedures and honesty they just want to save their own skin. It must take some serious legal clout and probably a lot of money to prevent the media naming someone involved in a death but I'll wager that is what ITV has done. Or the police have an injunction as part of their investigation but I've been watching the news and I've not seen any statements by police. Just faceless ITV statements. Sad that someone has passed away but after such a long period I can't see how the show could be linked.

TV at that time of day is meaningless and full of celebrity interviews (yawn) and pointless stories. What is Pierced Organ doing on morning TV? What is the world coming to?

Whenever a new episode of the sitcom "Ghosts" is aired, 10,000 people in England and Wales die within seven days and thus become eligible (many people believe) to become ghosts themselves.

I'm not suggesting a sinister link between the airing of the show and the subsequent deaths: I'm just stating a statistical fact.

The fact that someone has died within seven days of appearing on the Jeremy Kyle show is absolutely no reason to believe that the appearance on the show is related to the subsequent death.

Having said that, it really does look as if there is a serious s***storm brewing as ITV have removed all episodes of the Jeremy Kyle show from their online player. ;)

You don't think the unfortunate (ahem!) deceased might be the mercenary Kyle bloke himself?

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th May 2019, 2:47 PM

a stain on our society.

Interestingly, the show's resident psychotherapist is a Mr Stanier.

Quote: garyd @ 13th May 2019, 9:20 PM

You don't think the unfortunate (ahem!) deceased might be the mercenary Kyle bloke himself?

According to newspaper reports, the deceased was a guest on the show.

Jeremy remains hail and hearty - for now, although I have a feeling the very heavens are about to collapse on his head.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 13th May 2019, 9:30 PM

Interestingly, the show's resident psychotherapist is a Mr Stanier.

Jeremy remains hail and hearty - for now, although I have a feeling the very heavens are about to collapse on his head.

Would have been if it had been Stainer, but on to more important things - Yes! Let's hope the twat is never seen on TV again with his load of bollocks TV series.

It appears the victim in the Jeremy Kyle scandal is a 62-year-old grandfather who appeared on the show accused of cheating on his partner. He denied the accusation but failed the lie detector test. His death is believed to be suicide.

There is a very good reason why lie detectors are not used in criminal courts: they are not reliable!

On the Jeremy Kyle show, however, lie detectors are made out to be virtually infallible.

I haven't seen the show in which the now-dead man appeared but I've seen Jeremy Kyle tell countless contestants who have failed the lie detection test "You're a liar!" backed by howls of abuse from the blood-crazed audience.

If this man was, in reality, innocent of the charges brought against him, Jeremy and his producers should be locked up for a very long time.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th May 2019, 1:06 AM

I haven't seen the show in which the now-dead man appeared but I've seen Jeremy Kyle tell countless contestants who have failed the lie detection test "You're a liar!" backed by howls of abuse from the blood-crazed audience.

If this man was, in reality, innocent of the charges brought against him, Jeremy and his producers should be locked up for a very long time.

Agreed.
It would do the great un-washed a heck of a service!

If the severity of "appallingness", to coin a word, is linked to the speed of any sacking, whatever happened here is considered by the media nowhere near as appalling as the Baker tweet as no one has been sacked,

I can't abide Kyle , I doubt he has ever had a guest who wasn't already known to the social services . He reminds me of Roland Freisler the Nazi show trial judge as they have the same style . How this show hasn't led to a death before is beyond me and I doubt we will ever see it on ITV again which is a result however the cost was a life.

The irony is that Jeremy Kyle shouts at his contestants to tell them shouting is bad. He fits a similar offender profile to half his guests and presents as if he's offering them Therapy ! It's bair bating with the mentally ill. Its scary how popular it is and how long it's run. Even when Kyle divorced, it didn't stop him dishing out relationship advice. I think he should now present a program on how to live alone, advising on the best micro meals for one and tips on how to argue with yourself.