I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,021

More voters did
Manipulate it however you like.

I realise it wasn't actually filmed in Peckham but I would think if they put a statue anywhere it should be in Peckham.

Although how many fictional characters have statues?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st March 2019, 10:03 PM

how many fictional characters have statues?

Robin Hood, Britannia, Falstaff, Gulliver, Indiana Jones, Santa Claus, William Tell, Winnie the Pooh, Andy Capp, Capt Mainwaring, The Little Mermaid, Don Quixote, Eleanor Rigby, Hiawatha and Minnehaha, King Kong, Romeo and Juliet, Prospero and Ariel, Paddington Bear, Rocky Balboa, Sherlock Holmes, Robocop, Superman, Desperate Dan, Minnie the Minx, Dick Tracy, Popeye, Godzilla, Darth Vader, various Peanuts characters, Alice and the Mad Hatter, and a few more.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st March 2019, 10:19 PM

The Little Mermaid, Don Quixote, Eleanor Rigby, Hiawatha and Minnehaha, King Kong, Romeo and Juliet, Paddington Bear, Rocky Balboa, Sherlock Holmes, Robocop, Superman, Desperate Dan, Minnie the Minx, Dick Tracy, Popeye, Godzilla, Darth Vader, various Peanuts characters, Alice and the Mad Hatter, and a few more.

Just testing. Was this from your knowledge or did you look them up?

Just read this on the news. Tasteful eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47658303

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st March 2019, 6:19 PM

Just slightly tired of people failing to acknowledge that the majority of the country didn't ask for this.
Plus I have kids.

Well said. It's about to go over 2 million.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Quote: Chappers @ 21st March 2019, 10:23 PM

Was this from your knowledge or did you look them up?

I have to admit I looked up The Little Mermaid and that's why I can never return to Copenhagen. :(

Sarcasm on a forum will oft get missed.

Mayhap ye should use the special sarcasm symbol that SootyJ used to use.

:)

Seriously, a military coup now looks increasingly likely with the disbanding of Parliament by the British army before Christmas and the military in charge for about 12 months - ie one year - until democracy can be restored.

Plus it will enable a smoother transition between Elizabeth to Charles when the former becomes poorly and enable our economy to maintain stability when Italy collapses in Spring 2020. I anticipate that constitutional lawyers will be placed on a safe island in the process. Somewhere like Scotland once the trench from Berwick to Gretna has been built. Some won't like it. So be it. On balance ,it could well be preferable now to any of the alternatives.

It does, of course, mean that Tarquin and Charlotte Rose will have to put on hold their needs to do TEFL in Latvia but such serious concerns which would normally be paramount are not so as we are living in different times.

When they sqweam and sqweam and sqweam those who are closest to them will just have to put up with it. They might even become more authoritative parents like the ones born in a more normal era when every child was an Ovalteeny. To be frank, miserabilism didn't exist when poverty was rife, central heating non-existent and we had proper wars. I used to be a LIb Dem but can now see the merits of Mussolini although he was on the wrong side.

So please when you next donate to Help for Heroes can you ask them whether they will use tanks to save us from this "liberal" tyranny. Parliament of itself is too wonderful thing to be endangered by 650 loons who while they are here today should be somewhere else tomorrow or if not at least by the time that Waitrose do their next advert with a badger, a fox and a squirrel on a trampolene (although I sense that to leave it as late as that could be risky) .

I do recognise that people who want a second referendum will be disappointed. The army generals can provide a referendum if that is what you want. Do you want the Big Ben chimes to continue or for them to be replaced by "One Day I'll Fly Away" and if it is the latter which version? That sort of thing. It isn't as if they would wholly ban the wasting of our money and they might even be prepared to ignore the outcome if that was preferred by only 48%.

Quote: Firkin @ 21st March 2019, 10:29 PM

Well said. It's about to go over 2 million.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

I signed it.
No age check
No Country check (except a tick box)
No real name check
any postcode will do
Vote with as many email addresses you have or can make up

Of course the triggered remainers will be absolutely honest with all this

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd March 2019, 7:51 AM

I signed it.

Good to have you on board.

I listen to Heart Kent Radio and I can't quite believe how many news stories are reporting crimes in Maidstone at the moment. We're having crimes just as bad down here, where I live, but Maidstone is being referenced on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling put out about the lack of interest in wrongdoings my own area, but this really has become more noticeable over the past few weeks. It's kind of becoming a thing in our house, now, to nod to each other and say, "That'll be Maidstone, then," before the newsreader even gets to tell us where the crime occurred. We're right 90% of the time, to the point it's not even fun anymore. Yes, it WAS fun to begin with, because I have no life.

I thought Maidstone was starting to pull itself up of late. All I can think is this is a way to justify a lack of funds being directed there by Kent County Council via their district council. We already suffer that problem here...paying the same council taxes as neighbouring towns, only to watch those towns be regularly maintained and serviced to a decent standard, while we just fester under the glow of the local nuke station.

This morning we heard a story about holes being drilled in cars' petrol tanks overnight and the fuel being drained. "That'll be Maidstone, then." Yep :-/

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd March 2019, 9:15 AM

Good to have you on board.

Anything for a friend.

:D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd March 2019, 7:51 AM

I signed it.
No age check
No Country check (except a tick box)
No real name check
any postcode will do
Vote with as many email addresses you have or can make up

Of course the triggered remainers will be absolutely honest with all this

Apparently 20,000 signatures on the petition come from France, Germany and Spain.

Tis said that the UK has around half a million expats living in the EU, so assuming that those 20,000 are actual UK citizens, that is 4 percent

UK population is about 66 million so the 2 million signatures represent about 3 percent.

So the figures are just about credible.

Quote: billwill @ 22nd March 2019, 10:44 AM

Apparently 20,000 signatures on the petition come from France, Germany and Spain.

Tis said that the UK has around half a million expats living in the EU, so assuming that those 20,000 are actual UK citizens, that is 4 percent

UK population is about 66 million so the 2 million signatures represent about 3 percent.

So the figures are just about credible.

Most Tories have about a dozen different names and addresses for tax evasion purposes. Most Labour supporters come from families who clocked in at British Leyland and the Daily Mirror in the 1970s under fictitious names often based on Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse before going down the pub. Most nationalists have far more than just one name as their egos can't cope with having just one. They also have at least two addresses - their real one and another one in Scotland or Wales to pretend that they were actually born in those countries rather than in Lewisham or Sc**thorpe. And most modern Liberals go under a variety of names because they don't want to be associated with Lord Steel and Cyril Smith. Consequently, you can probably divide the figures by four to get any sort of accuracy. It could be one sixth. For you also need to factor in Nick Griffin under several guises who while he wants out also wants to upset NIgel Farage and Greens who because they are living in tree hollows have a range of shadowy people in Julian Assange's organisation signing it by proxy on their behalves.

If you disagree, write to me, Gipsy Petrulengo at The Shard, Aspidistra Drive, Woking on Tuesdays-Wednedays or me, Sir Clement Macmillan-Churchill at Cold Comfort Farm, 27 Gloucestershire, Cayman Islands, Thursdays-Mondays. Mark your letter "World in a Fantasy" and don't forget to include a few self-addressed envelopes.