I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,970

Quote: paulted @ 17th December 2017, 9:48 PM

Russians will never set foot in Britain.

The Romanovs visited for a little while, I believe.

Outraged/saddened/sickened that the current American president is a billionaire TV celebrity with no political experience? There's only one solution: another billionaire TV celebrity with no political experience!

Oprah for president? Winfrey fans urge White House run after #MeToo speech

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idINKBN1EX08F

God she'd be so much better than him though.
As would almost any other human on the planet.

But yes, probably best to get a politician next time.

Quote: DaButt @ 8th January 2018, 4:29 PM

Outraged/saddened/sickened that the current American president is a billionaire TV celebrity with no political experience? There's only one solution: another billionaire TV celebrity with no political experience!

So much false equivalence, suggesting veiled racism and misogyny.
Oprah did not have a millionaire daddy to make life easy for her. She grew up in poor rural and urban hoods. She is well-read and articulate, unlike that imbecilic clown you voted for. She also wants stronger gun controls, so little wonder you deride her.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th January 2018, 2:22 PM

So much false equivalence, suggesting veiled racism and misogyny.

Stating (accurately) that both people are billionaire TV celebrities with no political experience is not a false equivalence. Any racism and misogyny you perceive are figments of your imagination.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th January 2018, 2:22 PM

She also wants stronger gun controls, so little wonder you deride her.

I have no idea what her stance on guns is, but I'll bet a paycheck that she is protected 24/7 by bodyguards armed with guns.

Even my hardcore lefty friends (male, female, black, white, Hispanic) are groaning at the thought of an Oprah presidential campaign. I'll leave it to you to decide whether they are doing so because of racism or misogyny.

This image of Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein should get plenty of airplay if she runs for office:

Yes, only psychics for president! You should be able to tell at a glance who's a rapist and who's not.

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2018, 4:34 PM

Yes, only psychics for president! You should be able to tell at a glance who's a rapist and who's not.

Everyone in Hollywood knew about Harvey Weinstein. Anyone who tried to speak up was silenced, threatened or blackballed. The rest of the industry kept quiet until they could no longer pretend to be unaware.

Four things drive Hollywood: money, fame, narcissism and power. They also figure prominently in politics and are almost inextricably linked. It should come as no surprise that Weinstein, Trump and Oprah are so closely tied to politics and the glamorous lifestyle of Hollywood, because they're all about money, fame, narcissism and power.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th January 2018, 4:17 PM

Stating (accurately) that both people are billionaire TV celebrities with no political experience is not a false equivalence. Any racism and misogyny you perceive are figments of your imagination.

False equivalence is when you suggest "they are both billionaire TV celebs with zero political experience so they are alike".
Also, you suggest people are outraged/saddened/sickened by Trump's wealth and inexperience. Not true. People are averse to him because he is a childish, stupid buffoon.

Sexy French film star Deneuve signs letter warning of dangerous new puritanical wave sweeping USA and Western Europe that's condemning any man who dares look at a woman now. Viva les Frogs! Forget their obstinate stance on Brexit, their obsession with the EU and their chaotic politics/governments, this is the French at their best, talking of that which they are famed for, sex. And they are bang on with this.

A lot was made of the Hollywood sisterhood turning out in black to show disapproval of men being men in some heroinical symbolic gesture but has anyone yet suggested it was much more symbolic of puritanism? - The scourge of Europe a few hundred years back and has been keeping muslims in the dark for more than a millennium and has done nothing but cause misery, fear and shame to the human race. Bravo, sexy French bird of the 60s and 70s, inject some honesty and truth and some practical sense into this hot topic before it turns into another MaCarthyist type crusade.

Rolling eyesRolling eyesRolling eyes

I am so pissed off with all of this scare mongering! Roll on Hard Brexit!

Quote: zooo @ 10th January 2018, 9:30 AM

Rolling eyesRolling eyesRolling eyes

Well, we know Alfred should be strung up by the bollocks to make him rethink his brainless shit. Also Chappers for the hard Brexit drivel.

Malicious hack, or epic government screw up?

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/952246857933221888

Poor Squirrel. All that hard work for nothing.

https://www.metro.news/thats-nuts-squatter-squirrel-fills-car-with-acorns/882115/

Quote: Briosaid @ 13th January 2018, 12:24 AM

Well, we know Alfred should be strung up by the bollocks to make him rethink his brainless shit. Also Chappers for the hard Brexit drivel.

Oh how lovely to see you back. I see by the way your conduct has improved on here you had a successful year away at the Swiss finishing school. Scotland