I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,935

Not sure I can think of a fairer way to pay for the increased proportion of people that now get a University education.
Before, no-one paid, but hardly anyone went.
And to be fair, those that never pay it off weren't really meant to ever pay it off, as they've obviously not reaped the benefit of the degree. It's just a tax that's targeted at those that do benefit rather than those that don't, or never had the opportunity in the first place.
Turning the Subsistence Grant into a loan, however, is very unfair.

Did Blair himself pay for his uni education? Thought not. Mind you how much would bill him for learning the skills of lying, evasion, hypocrisy, smugness, cosying up to despots, death of thousands, aversion to the needs of maimed soldiers?
I read a couple of years ago that he collects coins! Oh the irony.........

Quote: paulted @ 5th July 2017, 7:21 PM

Did Blair himself pay for his uni education? Thought not. Mind you how much would bill him for learning the skills of lying, evasion, hypocrisy, smugness, cosying up to despots, death of thousands, aversion to the needs of maimed soldiers?
I read a couple of years ago that he collects coins! Oh the irony.........

I think you missed out War Crimes.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th July 2017, 11:49 PM

I think you missed out War Crimes.

And stringing the shit up.

SHOCK HORROR PROBE

More than 200kg drugs and 13,000 mobile phones found in jails!!

Well what do you expect when you turn them into holiday camps - prison reform groups have a lot to answer for and that load of interfering moneyed lefty do-gooders can be shoved into the same category of f**king useless poncy judges and defence lawyers etc.

More punishment is needed in jails!.............................Oh no wait, I was forgetting, that would infringe their human rights. Rights they couldn't give a shit about when they robbed, raped, beat, and murdered.

The trouble is those places are full of criminals.

This makes everything OK then doesn't it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40553803

I've stopped buying newspapers because they have become very expensive and I now glance over the websites instead. It's shocking what kind of journalism there is on themirror.co.uk and thesun.co.uk. It's like reading News Of The World again but at least NOTW was good at it. What's worse than the badly edited and error littered articles are some of the comments being left by readers. Some of them are regular posters but make the most ignorant, racist comments it almost makes me want to join up myself and tell them that. I think the best thing is to stop visiting those websites altogether.

People have jumped on a new phrase to cover their own illiteracy - Spelling Natzi's or Grammar Natzi's
If you dare to correct someone's spelling etc, you will be called it and others will jump in with insults too.

Even the urban dictionary defines spelling natzis as 'assholes' :)

But like you say Tarby, newspapers are littered with poor grammar and spelling mistakes.
Twitter feeds from them are the same.
Virgin Media's TV guide is often unbelievable. I have seen them use 'text speak' along with misspelt words.
I'm surprised they don't put something like 'dis is a gud program bro'

It's Nazi, by the way.Whistling nnocently

Aye it looked wrong hehehe

And isn't it always the the way....

Laughing out loud My aunt in America sent me a little piece of lined paper on which I had written at the age of about 6 re my aunt's then ill mood "Jean is natsy and won't eat her dinner"

I have no recollection of writing this and when I told my daughter about it, she really did think that at that age I was calling my aunt a Nazi.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th July 2017, 11:22 AM

Laughing out loud My aunt in America sent me a little piece of lined paper on which I had written at the age of about 6 re my aunt's then ill mood "Jean is natsy and won't eat her dinner"

A bit dyxlesci are yuo?

Congratulations to the greatest tennis player of all time, Roger Federer, and the wonderful Garbine Muguruza for getting to the tennis finals. Now for them both to see it all through to a happy conclusion. Plus either J Murray or H Watson of course.

(I'm not at all anti Williams but I am anti Cilic) :)

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th July 2017, 10:19 AM

It's Nazi, by the way.Whistling nnocently

I assumed that was the joke about spelling!