I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,923

Quote: zooo @ 1st June 2017, 9:57 PM

I hope The Rock really does run for president. Then he can save us all and undo all the bad decisions!
It is a flawless plan.

"The Rock" (Dwayne Johnson) vs. "The Shit" (Ted Nugent) 2024

...and Henning Wehn for Bundeskannzler.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st June 2017, 10:03 PM

"The Rock" (Dwayne Johnson) vs. "The Shit" (Ted Nugent) 2024

I believe they're both Republicans.

The Rock has never said which party he supports.

But if he was Republican he'd be a nice sensible non-arsehole one. He's basically the nicest guy on the planet.

Quote: DaButt @ 1st June 2017, 10:06 PM

I believe they're both Republicans.

According to WaPo:

"A registered independent, Johnson has been affiliated with the Republican and Democratic parties, having attended both national conventions in 2000 to encourage people to vote."

We'll see.

This is a very cool interview with him about it. http://www.gq.com/story/dwayne-johnson-for-president-cover

Quote: zooo @ 1st June 2017, 10:17 PM

This is a very cool interview with him about it. http://www.gq.com/story/dwayne-johnson-for-president-cover

He may be nice...but honestly, would he be a good president? I don't even think he's a good David Hasselhoff! ;)

Is David Hasselhoff democrat or republican?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st June 2017, 10:12 PM

According to WaPo:

"A registered independent, Johnson has been affiliated with the Republican and Democratic parties, having attended both national conventions in 2000 to encourage people to vote."

We'll see.

I've read articles which said that he was a registered Republican. It's usually safe to assume that anyone, especially a member of the hyper-liberal Hollywood and music industry, who won't reveal their political affiliation, is typically a Republican.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st June 2017, 10:21 PM

He may be nice...but honestly, would he be a good president? I don't even think he's a good David Hasselhoff! ;)

That's the Trump effect. Literally ANYONE looks good now.

I would still much prefer Hillary if we're talking actual qualified politicians, but oh well.

Well, you all know my opinion of Trump is that he's a complete f***Ing nutter, and he's proved it yet again. All over the world we have extremely highly intelligent, highly educated scientists who have no doubt that global warming is happening and if the causes, but hold on - Trump knows better.

Quote: zooo @ 1st June 2017, 10:35 PM

That's the Trump effect. Literally ANYONE looks good now.

I would still much prefer Hillary if we're talking actual qualified politicians, but oh well.

You might call Trump's election The Hillary Effect. She was so unlikeable that we wound up with Donald Trump as president.

You wound up with him because you voted for an insane arse. YOU are responsible. Though we know the majority of the right-thinking Americans didn't vote for him.

Quote: DaButt @ 1st June 2017, 11:15 PM

You might call Trump's election The Hillary Effect. She was so unlikeable that we wound up with Donald Trump as president.

Technically more people found her likeable, as more people voted for her than him!

Quote: keewik @ 1st June 2017, 11:30 PM

You wound up with him because you voted for an insane arse. YOU are responsible.

A banana could have beaten Donald Trump if his opponent had been anyone other than Hillary Clinton. She's that unlikeable and untrustworthy.

Quote: zooo @ 1st June 2017, 11:58 PM

Technically more people found her likeable, as more people voted for her than him!

I sincerely doubt that a majority of American voters found her likable. People don't always vote for a candidate because they like them, they often vote that way because they dislike their opponent even more. I know that's how it went in my case.

That was the media spin, yes. But millions of people found her very qualified and very likeable.

This pic seems even more prescient today!

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd June 2017, 12:04 AM

I sincerely doubt that a majority of American voters found her likable. People don't always vote for a candidate because they like them, they often vote that way because they dislike their opponent even more. I know that's how it went in my case.

Maybe people should have voted for the most qualified and experienced in politics. Just an idea.

Good news: The leader of another nation has offered to take in Americans who are disappointed by Trump's actions today.

Bad news: The nation is France.