I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,914

Thought this was so obvious (given Trump's humble admission about the job being a bit hard) that it'd be all over internet by now, but I couldn't find, so I 'adjusted' meself:

Sheryl Crow - No One Said It Would Be Easy

. . . with tweaked lyrics in honer (honour)
of the big man himself. Tremendous.

It's obvious the trouble we're in
When your leader's a tycoon from the televi-sion
He says he just happened to be in the neighborhood
So had to have a go, but how was he to know;
He says, "It's just a question of eliminating obstacles"
As he throws Twitter tantrums at night and cries;
We say, "We know how you try"

But honey, you can't eat out tonight . . .

No one said it would be easy
But no one said it'd be this hard
No one thought he'd come this far;

He can't seem to ever get how truth works
We bring it up and he thinks we're all jerks
But I think he's here to stay
I can't imagine it any other way;

But no one said it'd be this hard
No one thought he'd come this far;

Sometimes we wonder what the hell he's thinking
When he looks at us and smiles

No one said it'd be this hard
No one thought he'd come this far
Oh, and look he's come this far . . .

:D:O:S

Quote: DaButt @ 29th April 2017, 12:42 AM

It's just the sheer volume. I don't really enjoy discussing politics, so I only reply when I have the time and inclination to do so.

I don't like Donald Trump and he wasn't my first choice for president, but I've been around long enough to know that the outrage and continuous attacks would have materialized no matter who the Republican president was. It's how politics and most of the media operate.

Have to disagree massively with that. I've never in my life got agitated over who was appointed US president. I sneered a bit at Bush, was annoyed with him and Blair over Iraq, and was disgusted with Clinton but I've never taken to message boards about it, nor do I remember having conversations with total strangers in shops about any of them, as I have about Trump (conversations not instigated by me). I don't think you appreciate the level of loathing and horror most British have about Trump.

Same, keewik.
If you named any other American president I doubt I'd even know for sure whether they were a republican or democrat. It's not about that.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 11:26 AM

Same, keewik.
If you named any other American president I doubt I'd even know for sure whether they were a republican or democrat. It's not about that.

I STILL don't really know the difference between republicans or democrats, but have known the difference between right and wrong pretty soon after birth . . . and if this presidency isn't wrong, it surely isn't right!

I have a feeling that a lot of people who voted Trump (dabutt included?) see all this 'fuss' as purely people who are annoyed that their fave didn't win so they're sulking about it. And that it would have been exactly the same whoever the republican presidential candidate was.

And they see it as, if Hillary had won, the republican voters wouldn't have thrown a big fuss and gone on marches, they just would have been disappointed and got on with things.

And I don't really doubt that. But that's not what it is. This DIDN'T happen back when Bush won (I checked! He's a republican!), and it wouldn't have happened if a less horrendous republican candidate had won.

It's specifically Trump and his peoples' beliefs and actions that people find absolutely repulsive and shocking. And people are making a fuss because their actual rights are being threatened (which wouldn't have been happening to republican voters if Hillary had won, so they wouldn't have had much to march about anyway). It really isn't just a 'we hate republicans' thing.

Anyway, talking about this stuff online stresses me the f**k out so I'm off!

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 11:40 AM

And they see it as, if Hillary had won, the republican voters wouldn't have thrown a big fuss and gone on marches, they just would have been disappointed and got on with things.

That's just about the smartest observation that wasn't an observation that I've heard!

Watched the 100 days rally live - the internet rocks. But what the hell was that music? Sounded like Steve Vai or someone.

I had my bingo card ready as I have quite creative ways of amusing myself - with a few of his favourite words on it, and it was almost 10 minutes in before he said 'disgrace'.

But don't american crowds love a frenzy. I sometimes think that they could put any ordinary Joe up there, he'll say something like 'yabba dabba doo', and they'd still cheer because they are in a catatonic state. 'I ran over your dog on the way here', 'woohoo, yeah!'.

He is in his element doing rallies. He is articulate and convincing when he talks on his own, so why does he fall apart in interviews? Because he doesn't like being put on the spot, because he doesn't have answers, and nobody likes to be caught out on their ignorance, because he didn't even do a crash course in politics.

But I can't disagree with much that was said (except for the stupid wall which will never happen) - his own chosen words of course, but they're only pretty words unless he backs them up with actions that benefit the people.

I love swearing because it's neither big nor clever and should really only be used frequently by people with a poor vocabulary and therefore limited means of communication, but when one does indulge occasionally it can be deliciously cathartic.

However, I can be won over completely by people who manage to swear without swearing at all, because that IS clever. French Connection did it brilliantly all those years ago and because it wasn't actually a swear word, there was nothing the fussy fun police could do about it except boil in their own stew of disapproval, and now, creative New York protestors are having a field day with the likes of "This village doesn't want its idiot back", but my absolute favourite "Crump is a tunt" . . . because it clearly is swearing in a completely non swearing kind of way - unless you're really, really stupid and want to know what a tunt is.

:P

So Putin's poodle is at it again. Watch him blame the media.

There's a bed just become available for him at one of our secure hospitals as monster Brady has finally popped off and stopped stealing our oxygen.

If I were one of his staff (and could actually justify staying in the job and sleep at night), I would fear for my own safety/security from public given all the lies I'd have to tell for this potential in-patient/inmate for his daily gaffes . . . but as per of course, we are all misled as it's all fake news.

Why was that lump of shit Brady given palliative care..................I am so angry about this I am lost for words.

The interview on GMB this morning with a victim that 'got away' from Brady an Co was chilling.

I am paraphrasing here but he said when he was a boy, they got hold of him and trapped him
He managed to crawl out of a window before they could grab him and he heard Brady say
' shit - what a f**king waste. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th May 2017, 9:40 AM

Why was that lump of shit Brady given palliative care...

Because we're better than him?

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th May 2017, 10:46 AM

Because we're better than him?

Empty words - that thing deserved nothing.

Brady was beyond evil and was a reason to bring back the death penalty . . . but at least he suffered at the hands of others in prison.

On subject of evil but on a different level altogether . . . I have read a lot of replies from US citizens to a variety of newspaper articles on new administration and the strength of feeling is rife and unprecedented . . . most feel that Pence is evil (the lesser of 2?) and also tells big fat lies but at the very least he is not unstable on decision making and would know what he was doing.

It looks like Trump is choreographing his own demise himself (like Godzilla in a onesie) - and I use that word as it is rather balletic, like a hopelessly clumsy Swan Lake . . . and seems so contrived that I'm not sure if it's really down to incapacity or actually deliberate to either test how far he can push it or to get out of the role by saving face rather than resigning.

Whatever, the outcome should be the same regardless before he does considerable damage - but it's got to the point now that he is so consistently and obviously unfit for purpose, that if he does hurt anyone else on way down, I am looking at others being responsible . . .

. . . and he might even get away with 'obstructing justice' by firing Comey - but what may do for him all on his own in this respect is the tapes . . . and if he does hold, I doubt he would hand over with his attitude "You can't tell me what to do - I'm the President" so may destroy, deny having done so then go under oath and slip up by showing they did exist by saying something really stupid like "Can't really talk about it as I don't know, and I don't know what happened to them" or even "I think I threw them away at the time, but can't really remember" like he immediately contradicted himself with the letter firing Comey.

THAT would be the end of it - the irony being, him falling foul of the law simply because he truly believes he is above it.