I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,913

Quote: DaButt @ 27th April 2017, 9:15 PM

I had to Google it to figure out what you were talking about. It appears to he used it in a tweet
And the whole thing looked fairly professionally done. I doubt that the president spends much time with Photoshop, so it's probably safe to assume that some graphic designer grabbed a piece of clip art from the web and used it without counting all of the tiny stars. I don't think we've ever had a 39-star flag, so there's no hidden meaning.

It just goes to show how every little thing he says or does is dissected and attacked and ridiculed. Not fake news, but actually no news at all.

Definitely news if a head of state's office is so stupidly incompetent that it uses the wrong flag. Little mistakes like that should not be made by professional or presidential organizations. It reflects badly on the professionalism of the pres. Makes him look dumb.

Finally . . . Trump has proved himself worthy of a little respect.

Constantly bragging and lying isn't the best way, so a little bit of humble is long overdue in order for us to actually see him as a virtual human being.

Admitting one is wrong, or just having misjudged something here is the way forward - as he has done by saying the job is much harder than he ever thought it would be . . . a fact that I thought may rattle him enough in early days to have second thoughts.

Do you ever let up?

Quote: Kenneth @ 28th April 2017, 2:38 AM

Definitely news if a head of state's office is so stupidly incompetent that it uses the wrong flag. Little mistakes like that should not be made by professional or presidential organizations.

It was a tiny graphic that practically required a magnifying glass to count the stars. It looked almost identical to the current flag and 99.99% of people never would have noticed the difference until it was brought to their attention. It was just a mistake made by a graphic artist. Stuff like that happens all of the time. At the 2012 Democratic National Convention where Obama was chosen as the presidential candidate, they had a huge multimedia presentation that saluted the American military and its veterans. The backdrop featured a patriotic image of mighty naval vessels. Mighty Russian naval vessels, to be exact. And who can forget when Hillary Clinton presented Obama's symbolic "reset" button to the Russians, but the label actually translated as "overcharged." Embarrassing, but not all that big of a deal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th April 2017, 2:39 PM

Do you ever let up?

It's ATATT (All Trump, All The Time).

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th April 2017, 2:39 PM

Do you ever let up?

Fopdoodle, I've had the same reaction. Keep going. Plenty of us agree with you. After all, the thread is about the News, so why shouldn't you talk about it?

Quote: DaButt @ 28th April 2017, 3:17 PM

Embarrassing, but not all that big of a deal.

It should be a big deal. Mistakes like that shouldn't be made. If they get that wrong, what else are they getting wrong? Tiny mistakes can have massive consequences. The solution is to not hire morons.

Quote: keewik @ 28th April 2017, 4:10 PM

Fopdoodle, I've had the same reaction. Keep going. Plenty of us agree with you.

The echo chamber must get LOUDER!

I suppose I, too, could post breathlessly relentless diatribes against a foreign politician on this thread day after day, but why bother?

Quote: Kenneth @ 28th April 2017, 5:43 PM

It should be a big deal. Mistakes like that shouldn't be made. If they get that wrong, what else are they getting wrong?

It was a happy birthday tweet to Trump's wife that was posted from his personal Twitter account. Very slightly embarrassing, but still a yawner.

Trump has many obvious faults but he comes nowhere near Putin in the really bad hombre stakes.(Or Assad and Mugabe)

Quote: DaButt @ 28th April 2017, 5:58 PM

The echo chamber must get LOUDER!

I suppose I, too, could post breathlessly relentless diatribes against a foreign politician on this thread day after day, but why bother.

Why bother!!! Words almost fail me. Because he leads the most powerful country in the WORLD, which affects all of us, and he's a moronic, insane eejit. To put it simply and plainly.

Quote: keewik @ 28th April 2017, 10:15 PM

Why bother!!! Words almost fail me. Because he leads the most powerful country in the WORLD, which affects all of us, and he's a moronic, insane eejit. To put it simply and plainly.

But do numerous breathless posts berating a foreign politician really accomplish anything other than giving the author an opportunity to have a big ol' moan? They don't appear to be very persuasive, since the press and Trump's detractors have been bleating for months, yet polls indicate that the people who voted for him seem almost completely unfazed by it all.

What's this 'breathless' thing about, apart from trying to demean the poster?
And I'd say we have a right to have a moan about the numskull.
And, sorry, but the folk who're 'unfazed' strike many of us as being as big eejits as Trump himself.
I'm aware you only respond to a few criticisms of him which makes me wonder if you regret voting for him but can't admit it.

Quote: keewik @ 28th April 2017, 11:41 PM

I'm aware you only respond to a few criticisms of him which makes me wonder if you regret voting for him but can't admit it.

It's just the sheer volume. I don't really enjoy discussing politics, so I only reply when I have the time and inclination to do so.

I don't like Donald Trump and he wasn't my first choice for president, but I've been around long enough to know that the outrage and continuous attacks would have materialized no matter who the Republican president was. It's how politics and most of the media operate.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th April 2017, 12:42 AM

I've been around long enough to know that the outrage and continuous attacks would have materialized no matter who the Republican president was. It's how politics and most of the media operate.

Bollocks. If the Republicans had found an experienced politician with great wisdom, gravitas, diplomacy and tact; someone who refused to stuff his cabinet with billionaires who profited from screwing the American people; someone whose charismatic strength and devotion to the nation commanded respect and inspired pride, they would not be on the receiving end of the endless bile that Trump's getting.

Trump is just way out of his depth and uses aggressive bluster and Hitler-like rallies to project a personality of power. Some people are dumb enough to fall for it.

Another epic fail for North Korea. Maybe they'll just pop their entire arsenal in 'tests' so they have nothing left to play with.

But they are a breed apart. I feel for the people as a population trapped in their own country, and their leader's attitude to the rest of the world's community, but all I really know about North Korea is oppression, rules that must be obeyed and a distinct lack of colour. I can't imagine living in a country that imposes monotone 'uniforms' and doesn't even allow jeans. It's bizarre.

But what I really don't understand, because I can't find anything online that goes into it, is what 'going to war' is going to achieve for them. I don't know if this 33 year old schoolboy is trapped in a video game he needs to act out, or he has an end goal - supremacy at what cost? Other countries imposing sanctions will just hurt the people if it affects them domestically, but the effect of bombing some of the hands that feed? Most countries are useful to one another trade-wise with very few self sufficient, so imminent war just baffles me, really, unless it's purely about boys with toys who haven't really got a plan.

Quote: keewik @ 28th April 2017, 10:15 PM

Why bother!!! Words almost fail me. Because he leads the most powerful country in the WORLD,.../.

Don't worry, with Trump in charge, the US soon won't be.