I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,577

6. UKIP believe that all problems facing the UK today are all caused by Johnny Foreigner , nothing to do with our government - it's all the frogs and the krauts and all the brown people coming over here leeching off the state

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:17 PM BST

Like UKIP, they're not big fans of EU subsidies, especially anything to do with large scale livestock production.

"squeals!"

OMG! Is that a policy I see before me?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 20th May 2014, 10:17 PM BST

I must have missed the bit where I called them Nazi's.

True enough, you have not called them racist or Nazis...on the BCG. I apologise for suggesting you had. I have quite wrongly assumed you were some sort of left wing stereotype, when in fact you are a free thinking, independent iconoclast with strong views on everything, including comedy.

:)

I hope their manifesto has improved since 2010

"I didn't read it. It was drivel. It was 486 pages of drivel ... It was a nonsense. We have put that behind us and moved onto a professional footing." (NF)

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th May 2014, 10:18 PM BST

6. UKIP believe that all problems facing the UK today are all caused by Johnny Foreigner , nothing to do with our government - it's all the frogs and the krauts and all the brown people coming over here leeching off the state

Good job lofty, good job. Were you in Croydon today dressed as a Romanian by any chance?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:14 PM BST

1. UKIP would like Britain to leave the EU
2. UKIP would like a referendum to allow the British people to decide the future of our involvement in the EU

These policies are contradictory. Do we get a choice or not?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:08 PM BST

So it was just a coincidence that you likened UKIP's website to the BNP website? Of all the fringe political parties you could have chosen from Left Unity, TUSC, the Animal Welfare Party, etc., you just happened to go straight to BNP without any forethought?

That is some coincidence.

I love it when you trawl through my old posts, it makes me feel special.

I actually think the BNP fit the definition of a political party whereas UKIP don't. So you are right, silly to compare the two.

I think it's unfair to criticise either UKIPs policies or it's manifesto.

As it in fact has neither.

No really they scrapped it in 2012 when they were embarrassed about policies on repatriating premiership footballers.

If you look it up you'll find a vague, large print 10 page document. With a few right wing crowd pleasing sentences, but no actual policy.

The conservative one on Europe is about 70 pages and detailed.

Voting for UKIP is in practical terms almost indistinguishable from spoiling your ballot paper.

Quote: Jennie @ 20th May 2014, 10:37 PM BST

These policies are contradictory. Do we get a choice or not?

UKIP would like us to leave the EU, but they can't and won't draft up any legislation for the UK to leave without a referendum and only if that referendum has a clear majority of the British people choosing Yes to leave.

It's no different from saying that the early goal of the SNP was for Scotland to leave the Union and then wanting a referendum so they could leave the Union.

I see plenty of choice and no contradictions.

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th May 2014, 10:23 PM BST

I hope their manifesto has improved since 2010

"I didn't read it. It was drivel. It was 486 pages of drivel ... It was a nonsense. We have put that behind us and moved onto a professional footing." (NF)

I just noticed Nige's initials are the same as the National Front.

By jingo detective Lofty I think you've solved the case have a crack filled donut.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th May 2014, 10:40 PM BST

I think it's unfair to criticise either UKIPs policies or it's manifesto.

As it in fact has neither.

The Lib Dems said they wouldn't raise tuition fees, Labour said they would have introduced some of the cuts after all, the Tories pledged to get net immigration down to the tens of thousands.

It seems UKIP aren't the only ones with changeable policies and manifestos.

I did list 5 policies from UKIP, but if you want to ignore them, that is up to you.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:26 PM BST

Good job lofty, good job. Were you in Croydon today dressed as a Romanian by any chance?

I'm a Rumanian!

What if we say no, we'd like to stay in the EU? Do they then cease to exist?

You've still not dealt with the lack of any policies point, Renny. I may just be an unthinking leftie, but I do like to see an actual policy or two before I think about voting for someone.

I would certainly like to see a detailed economic analysis from UKIP as to the effects of leaving the EU. Because most economists seem to think it would be pretty f**king catastrophic.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th May 2014, 10:41 PM BST

I just noticed Nige's initials are the same as the National Front.

Someone on Facebook has already put up a 'fake' open letter from Nigel Farage copied from his full page advertisement and put the N and F very closely together in the style of the old National Front.

Obviously, only people over 30 got the joke because the NF disappeared a long time ago.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:43 PM BST

The Lib Dems said they wouldn't raise tuition fees, Labour said they would have introduced some of the cuts after all, the Tories pledged to get net immigration down to the tens of thousands.

It seems UKIP aren't the only ones with changeable policies and manifestos.

I did list 5 policies from UKIP, but if you want to ignore them, that is up to you.

They're not really a workable manifesto.

As for Lib Dems they had a manifesto didn't stick to it and are about to pay the price.

Here is what I suspect is their next party political broadcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyEzcveRd9g

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:14 PM BST

5. UKIP are worried about the size and scale of foreign criminal gangs in London

Is that supposed to be a policy? I'm worried about my tax bill, if anyone's interested. We are all worriers.