I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,576

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 8:50 PM BST

I'll vote for whomever I please and for policies I identify with. UKIP were attacked in Croydon today and the police had to intervene. This country's lack of respect for democracy is sickening - and here are people trying to lecture me about the importance of voting. Ha.

Speaking of Croydon, it has black UKIP candidates standing for election, but thanks to the constant lies about racism, they're not going to win. Oh the irony.

UKIP are to BNP what Obama is to African Islamic extremists. I'm still waiting, as I have been for the last few months, for one of you to point out a single racist policy from UKIP. Enjoy your lies tyranny lovers.

If that was the thing that was on Channel 4 News earlier, is was pretty good natured and funny.

You're a Rumanian no you're a Rumanian, I've been to Rumania but I'm not a Rumanian.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th May 2014, 9:00 PM BST

If that was the thing that was on Channel 4 News earlier, is was pretty good natured and funny.

You're a Rumanian no you're a Rumanian, I've been to Rumania but I'm not a Rumanian.

Ain't no carnival like a UKIP carnival: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/i-went-to-the-ukip-diversity-carnival-and-it-was-a-total-dis

God Bless Croydon.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 6:58 PM BST

I would take your argument far more seriously if left wingers didn't try to encourage me to vote for Labour / Lib Dem - who aren't offering a referendum and are denying everyone a democratic vote about our future in Europe.

'Vote for the party who won't let you vote!'

If you were serious about democracy, you'd encourage everyone to vote UKIP / Conservative.

Why, when responding to a point made by me, do you always reference your friends? We've long since established you know some odd people.

Vote for whoever you want. That's democracy!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 8:50 PM BST

. I'm still waiting, as I have been for the last few months, for one of you to point out a single racist policy from UKIP. Enjoy your lies tyranny lovers.

I'm still waiting for a single policy from UKIP. When they eventually come up with one, we'll see how racist it is.

People think UKIP is racist because their leader comes out with racist rubbish about Romanians.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 20th May 2014, 8:59 PM BST

I don't believe I mentioned racism.

You didn't, but doubtless one of RCP's facebook friends did. We all seem to get tarred with the same brush.

I don't hate UKIP because they are racist, I hate them because they are a single issue pressure group masquerading as a political party.

I keep smiling every time I see that footage, they really are the Ealing Comedy party.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 20th May 2014, 9:02 PM BST

Ain't no carnival like a UKIP carnival: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/i-went-to-the-ukip-diversity-carnival-and-it-was-a-total-dis

Depressingly, decided to read the Buzzfeed comments section underneath the article. Everything you need to know about how some people 'feel' about UKIP is there is black and white.

And here is where we're at - including members of the BCG - the biggest smear campaign in the history of British politics against one of the smallest parties with no real power by the nation's press and all the main parties. And lots of misguided people swallowing everything the media feeds them.

The democratic process has been disrupted and you clap your hands in glee. Intimidation and chaos from protestors calling UKIP 'Nazis' met with laughter and approval? The steel drum band playing one song and complaining about not being paid? Really?

I wonder if you'll still be jovial when the European Election votes come in and UKIP win by a landslide? I wonder if you'll still be scratching your heads trying to figure out how it happened?

You've surely put us in our place RC.

Quote: Jennie @ 20th May 2014, 9:12 PM BST

I'm still waiting for a single policy from UKIP. When they eventually come up with one, we'll see how racist it is.

People think UKIP is racist because their leader comes out with racist rubbish about Romanians.

We all seem to get tarred with the same brush.

I don't hate UKIP because they are racist

Quote: Jennie @ 12th May 2014, 9:41 PM BST

I accept this is on a manifesto, but the absolute best I could find was:

"Britain's communities suffer from an unacceptable level of crime and anti-social behaviour. We should overhaul the system to make sentences meaningful,rehabilitate offenders, deport foreign criminals, free up the police from excessive form-filling and tackle nuisance neighbours and anti-social behaviour."

What does that mean? That's almost as bad as the BNP website - in fact it is worse, because at least the BNP have some actual policies, like killing all foreign peadophiles.

So it was just a coincidence that you likened UKIP's website to the BNP website? Of all the fringe political parties you could have chosen from Left Unity, TUSC, the Animal Welfare Party, etc., you just happened to go straight to BNP without any forethought?

That is some coincidence.

If ukip hate Europe so much...

Why are they even standing in the European elections?

They don't want anything to do with Europe .. sooo..

I don't get it

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 9:59 PM BST

the biggest smear campaign in the history of British politics against one of the smallest parties with no real power by the nation's press and all the main parties.

I know what you mean RC. I really wish UKIP had had more media coverage when they could have put their range of policies across.

Shameful.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 20th May 2014, 10:11 PM BST

I know what you mean RC. I really wish UKIP had had more media coverage when they could have put their range of policies across.

Shameful.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:08 PM BST

So it was just a coincidence that you likened UKIP's website to the BNP website? Of all the fringe political parties you could have chosen from Left Unity, TUSC, the Animal Welfare Party, etc., you just happened to go straight to BNP without any forethought?

That is some coincidence.

I don't think the Animal Welfare Party has a particular policy on immigration unless it's about grey squirrels.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 20th May 2014, 10:03 PM BST

You've surely put us in our place RC.

I'm just asking you to take a step back, pretend you're not part of some unthinking left wing mob that believes everything you're told.

If this was going into a court of law, I'd do a Jennie and ask you to entirely disregard anything you might have read in the newspapers and social media and look at the facts of the case.

1. UKIP would like Britain to leave the EU
2. UKIP would like a referendum to allow the British people to decide the future of our involvement in the EU
3. UKIP would like to put restrictions on immigration and allow people in through a point system similar to America and Australia
4. UKIP would like Britain to not get involved in wars on foreign soil
5. UKIP are worried about the size and scale of foreign criminal gangs in London

They must be Nazis, surely?!!

Quote: Jennie @ 16th May 2014, 8:12 PM BST

:O Do you actually want my Legal Aid rant again? Surely no-one wants that..no-one. But you asked for it...

FYI, average barrister in full time criminal work earns £36000. Before tax. And this is self-employed income, so no holiday/pension/maternity leave.

That is crap pay when compared to every single other public sector professional. Let alone those that regularly work 70 hour weeks, up until the early hours have judges/clients shouting at them, have to coax a heroin addict to put the razor down one minute and make a complicated legal argument the next. We do it because we f**king love it. Genuinely.

'Making advances' isn't a crime, unless the person is under 16, or 18 if you are in a position of trust.

What you aren't allowed to do is touch without permission,

Yes. CPS look at evidence and decide whether it is a) in public interest to prosecute and b) whether there is a realistic prospect of conviction. Very difficult to say if case is strong on paper, which is what they have to do. The witnesses in the DLT case may not have been very convincing. No way of knowing that before trial.

As for your last question, in sex cases, one allegation is capable of providing supporting evidence for another. It isn't great if you are defending but has a certain logic. If one woman wrongly accuses you, that's unfortunate, but 4?

And having no scruples whatsoever whether the accused is innocent or guilty just so long as they get paid.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:14 PM BST

I'm just asking you to take a step back, pretend you're not part of some unthinking left wing mob that believes everything you're told.

Oh dear.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th May 2014, 10:14 PM BST

They must be Nazis, surely?!!

I must have missed the bit where I called them Nazi's.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 20th May 2014, 10:13 PM BST

I don't think the Animal Welfare Party has a particular policy on immigration unless it's about grey squirrels.

Like UKIP, they're not big fans of EU subsidies, especially anything to do with large scale livestock production.