I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,573

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th May 2014, 7:08 PM BST

Yep

But it wouldn't even make the news

Well, as this is hypothetical, we don't know, do we? Let's put a woman in charge of the FA and see.

I put myself forward for the job.

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 6:58 PM BST

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857

:(

If these were racist comments, rather than sexist, he would have been gone in a heartbeat.

But what do I know - what with me being an irrational female and all.

erm bollocks or boobs.

Name the last person in football to actually get sacked over racist remarks.

This isn't the dull argument that my minority has a worse time than yours. Except women aren't even a minority.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th May 2014, 7:40 PM BST

Name the last person in football to actually get sacked over racist remarks.

Nicolas Anelka.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th May 2014, 7:40 PM BST

This isn't the dull argument

I think you'll find everything on this thread is a dull argument.

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 7:19 PM BST

Let's put a woman in charge of the FA and see.

Yes, let's do that...and put a man in charge of Mumsnet...and a transsexual in charge of British Gas...and a chimp in a sailor outfit in charge of the Sellafield Nuclear Power Plant...

;)

He resigned after an investigation absolved him.

They fired him afterwards, after repeatedly and publicly making antisemitic gestures.
Albion could be seen as wanting to fire him so he couldn't claim they had pressured into resigning.

Boring employment and HR bollocks more than a Footballing Boys from Brazil.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 19th May 2014, 7:45 PM BST

I think you'll find everything on this thread is a dull argument.

Inlcuding the above post.

And this one.

I would imagine if a guy in Scudamore's position was to have been found sending lots of very racist email's, then he would almost certainly not be in that position for much longer.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th May 2014, 7:52 PM BST

Inlcuding the above post.

And this one.

And that one

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 19th May 2014, 7:52 PM BST

I would imagine if a guy in Scudamore's position was to have been found sending lots of very racist email's, then he would almost certainly not be in that position for much longer.

Particularly if his job involved promoting ethnic minority participation in sport.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 19th May 2014, 7:52 PM BST

Racist as in racist jinsults or racist as in puckish Top Gear style jokes?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 19th May 2014, 7:48 PM BST

Yes, let's do that...and put a man in charge of Mumsnet...and a transsexual in charge of British Gas...and a chimp in a sailor outfit in charge of the Sellafield Nuclear Power Plant...

;)

:P

Well, you've just got yourself a lifetime ban from all football ever. I operate a tough regime. :)

I think we can all agree that those in positions of power think they are above the law. This myth that by having a woman in charge things would be different is ridiculous - Rebekah Brooks is a prime example of that - if a male newspaper editor had repeatedly broken the law, committed adultery and beaten his partner - then I don't think he'd keep his job either.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th May 2014, 7:55 PM BST

Racist as in racist jinsults or racist as in puckish Top Gear style jokes?

These weren't just Top Gear style jokes though. If he had just forwarded a couple of risqué joke emails that would be one thing. But he seems to have very deep rooted misogynistic views.

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 7:56 PM BST

Well, you've just got yourself a lifetime ban from all football ever. I operate a tough regime. :)

Your declaration means sweet FA. :P

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 8:00 PM BST

But he seems to have very deep rooted misogynistic views.

The problem is that I can't find examples of these misogynistic views, just like when there is a Twitter arrest, you're not allowed to read the offending material.

If anyone knows what exactly was written, please put it up here so I can feel offended.

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 8:00 PM BST

These weren't just Top Gear style jokes though. If he had just forwarded a couple of risqué joke emails that would be one thing. But he seems to have very deep rooted misogynistic views.

Yep but then there's proving it. The BBC are wagging a finger at Clarky for mumbling and running two series were a character blacked up as an appalling racist stereotype.

Channel 4 have run one show where comic dresses up as a learning disabled guy for giggles and another where disabled actors were bullied into making fools of themselves.

Here's the deal sexist, antisemitic, racist as long as your sufficently famous, you can get away with it.

Every one gets served up an equal portion of crap.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 19th May 2014, 8:09 PM BST

material.

If anyone knows what exactly was written, please put it up here so I can feel offended.

He said Nigel Badinage looks like Toad from Toadhall and likes shagging Germans.