I read the news today oh boy! Page 14

I haven't labelled her racist but others might have. As for her sons seeing the chav that is their dad I don't hold out much hope. I suspect he might dump them once the media storm dies down and he's got control of the wonga.

Their actual dad seems quite sweet. But that bloke she just married is a tosser. (And actually did say some racist stuff in BB I seem to remember.) Ick.

I think they swam in the shallow end of the gene pool.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 22 2009, 10:51 PM GMT

When is too soon to make a joke about a death? There are gags about Jayne Mansfield's head, jokes about Diana's Mercedes, jokes about Kennedy, the Queen Mum, PanAm 103... Is there a matrix somewhere where you put in the time of death, the % rating that person has on IMDb and then it says "a brief quip will be ok on Tuesday week"?

It wouldn't be funny to say them directly to the recently bereaved, but public figures are different. We all 'know' them but don't necessarily 'care' about them, their lives are satirised, why not their death?

It's a question of decency, not care, nor respect. I really wouldn't like to speculate too much as to suitable times; it would vary depending upon the person, and the cause of death. But I'm pretty sure that quips on the very same day of the death are a bit tasteless.

RIP Jade. We hardly new you.

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2009, 10:28 AM GMT

We hardly new you.

I seem to know far too much about her!

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 22 2009, 10:51 PM GMT

When is too soon to make a joke about a death?

I refuse to make jokes beyond my own experience. Expect my first death joke to be channeled through a medium near you.

Considering we live in a grotesquary of a society where it's considered the norm to pass around beheadings of innocents on mobile phones, then you have your answer. There is already a large market for such, but it isn't one I'd want to tap into.

In reality, there is a fine line between comedy and taste that decades tend to blur.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 23 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

I seem to know far too much about her!

Thanks for explaing my joke, Stotty! :)

Quote: SlagA @ March 23 2009, 10:43 AM GMT

I refuse to make jokes beyond my own experience.

That must be one dark, twisted joke book!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7979234.stm

Apparently TV's Ruth Jones was at the dinner for the G20 wives at 11 Downing St last night... Interesting choice...(!)

She's very good, amusing when she shat herself in Nighty-Night, but dining with Michelle Obama & co?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7978280.stm I <3 Boris.

I remember him talking about it at the time. Along the lines of do people really want him to spend millions of pounds on ways to make transport etc better in circumstances that only occur once every 10 years.

20*

But yes.

:)

Ah good old BoJo:)