DVD Hates... Page 3

I also have to plant my flag in support of DVD extras, they just make me feel like im getting more for my money even if I do only watch them once or twice. Its pretty irrational but there you have it. I agree that the splitting up of series is the most criminal act in releasing DVDs, but another pet hate I have is extremely long winded credit/warning intros and menu screens. The sort where you stick the DVD in and you have to wait about two minutes to get through the production company credits, piracy and copyright warnings, menu animation etc. before you can actually watch the show and it stops you from being able to skip through them. Most arent too bad but still...

I hate it when you get "phase shift transition" and suddenly it looks like you're watching a dubbed film because the actors mouths aren't in sync with the lines. This doesn't happen often, except on my Will and Grace DVD's, which all seem to do it an awful lot. Is it just me that has this problem?

Generally VCDs for that phase shift thingy (I'm sure there was a phase shifter in Star Trek), haven't experienced it on DVD.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ March 19, 2007, 11:15 AM

I hate it when you get "phase shift transition" and suddenly it looks like you're watching a dubbed film because the actors mouths aren't in sync with the lines. This doesn't happen often, except on my Will and Grace DVD's, which all seem to do it an awful lot. Is it just me that has this problem?

I can't be sure without seeing and hearing for myself, but it sounds like your DVD player is having trouble coping with switching layers on dual-layer discs. Maybe.