Mouth To Mouth Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ November 10 2008, 3:25 PM GMT

Oh. Dear. God.

:D

Quote: chipolata @ November 10 2008, 3:38 PM GMT

I hope it features capital letters. His posts here don't.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ November 10 2008, 3:25 PM GMT

Oh. Dear. God.

Prezunctly.

Watching it now. A bit of a waste for TV. Should be on Radio.

It was very odd indeed. Lots of jokes, not really ha-ha funny though. Agree with Chappers, probably suited more to radio.

I thought it was quite good. Don't recall the pilot, but there were a few laughs in this. Not hilarious, as Lee said, but some clever stuff nonetheless.

Quote: swerytd @ November 10 2008, 12:12 PM GMT

I just read on jdubya's blog that Admin has been commissioned for a series.

:D

I don't get the point of this. I gave it 10 mins as it was obvious what the format was (monologues) and then they broke it by having a semi-chat between the footballer and the main girl about waxing. Those weren't monologues and so they broke the whole point of it in the first 10 mins.

There are some good jokes in it but I agree, it's a radio thing at best. I would actually be interested in it being a proper sitcom without monologues as it was quite funny and there were some characters that looked interesting. Also the writing looked good, but the format didn't work with me (and even them, with that chat).

I vaguely remember the pilot.
I wasn't too keen on the format really. Even though I knew it would all be monologues to the camera, I keep expecting/wanting the next scene to be 'proper' action, and for the story to actually start, if you know what I mean.

But there were some very funny lines.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ November 24 2009, 7:16 PM GMT

I don't get the point of this. I gave it 10 mins as it was obvious what the format was (monologues) and then they broke it by having a semi-chat between the footballer and the main girl about waxing. Those weren't monologues and so they broke the whole point of it in the first 10 mins.

I don't recall that. But even if I did, why does it matter? If you turn off because you find it to be tedious, unfunny shit Cast Offs, fine, but because you deem it to have been a bit different in one scene? That's quite bizarre!

I missed most of this, but what bits I saw made me think it would have worked better on radio. Or on stage. Not sure why it needed to be on television.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 2:02 PM GMT

I don't recall that. But even if I did, why does it matter? If you turn off because you find it to be tedious, unfunny shit Cast Offs, fine, but because you deem it to have been a bit different in one scene? That's quite bizarre!

No, I gave it 10 mins and knew what it was going to be like and switched off as I was really busy and knew it was ok but not something that I felt I would stick with. The inconsistent scene was just an observation.

I watched this yesterday having accidentally found it. Wow -- they're really marketing it, aren't they?

Anyway, I thought it was excellent. Lots of little subtle jokes flying by and they've changed it quite a bit from the pilot (basically the first girl's story has the homeless girl as someone else originally).

I do like this concurrent storylines idea -- it's very interesting.

Dan

Still not really funny, but a great third episode. Started off bloody dull, but picked up. Some really interesting themes explored. Good stuff.

I'm really enjoying this, rare quality for BBC Three :) . I thought the second of tonight's episodes was rather touching.